Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

OEM spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
colombianDXcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
OEM spoiler

hey i'm thinking about painting it myself, and doing the instalation too, cuz most places are charging way to much, and i don't have money right now; so exactly how hard is it to paint a spoiler? I have a silver civic, so where can I buy the paint? how do i paint it, with a brush or what? thanks

Old 12-04-2001
Registered!!

anibal is an unknown quantity at this point
The Process of painting is not as easy as you think. You need some stuff to do it. Like an Air Compressor and a Air Spray Paint Gun. Need to buy the paint , and the rest of the chemicals you may need depending on the type of paint used (Acrylic, Lacquer, Dura-Chrome, Urethane, Etc) they need their own mixing, preparation and application process, also need a proper matching clear coat and some other stuff, which I think for a person who's not mechanical inclined with some body shop experience and knowledge will not be able to understand properly.
As For the brush, I don't think you'll like the way it will look. I recommend you to find a competitive body shop, they'll do a good job with a fair & competitive price. You won't regret it.
Old 12-04-2001
Registered!!

trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you allready have it??????//
they come pre painted @ HandA............
and theyre cheap........(OEM)

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-04-2001
Registered!!

ShadyMilkMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok all you need is a spray gun and its really not that hard just dont make any runs
Old 12-04-2001
Registered!!

Daniel420 is an unknown quantity at this point
I was thinking baout buying the cheap primered one from somewhere and having a body shop paint and mount it but after figuring the costs and everything they ended up being the same price as HandA and the handa one is an authentic OEM one so that's better.
Old 12-04-2001
Registered!!

AlphaInfinity is an unknown quantity at this point
Get it from the dealer, have them install it. When I bought my civic, they didn't have the spoiler in stock, so they threw it in as a selling point and I had mine installed later.
Old 12-04-2001
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Just get from H and A already painted with factory color paint. All you have to do to install is drill 5 holes and hook up the brake light wire to the existing plug. And change the trunk lid springs. The springs come with the spoiler.

If the dealer installs it's about $700 while you can buy it for about $360 something from H and A.
Old 12-04-2001
Registered!!

1028CiViC is an unknown quantity at this point