Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

APC racing seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gnat1000 is an unknown quantity at this point
APC racing seats

I got some APC racing seats at NOPI and I was wondering if anyone else had them. They really dont look that bad and plus they were 300 for the pair. But i was wondering what was the best way to install them. They dont have any mounting brackets, just the sliders. I was thinking about just taking the mounting brackets off my stock seats and just welding them onto the racing seats since that appears to be how honda did it with our seats. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Old 09-20-2004
Registered!!

snowboreddave is an unknown quantity at this point
i think momo sells a seat bracket for our cars.. check it out..
Old 09-20-2004

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Have you ever heard or read the saying: "You can't spell CRAP without APC"?
Good luck with those man.
Old 09-20-2004
Registered!!

rickinthescv will become famous soon enoughrickinthescv will become famous soon enough
Wedge engineering
Old 09-20-2004
Since 2002 Baby!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

chicohonda02 has a spectacular aura aboutchicohonda02 has a spectacular aura about
hey if you don't have tons of money and APC is an option what's the big deal. Right?
Old 09-20-2004
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
Originally Posted by CubanMike26
Have you ever heard or read the saying: "You can't spell CRAP without APC"?
Good luck with those man.
w3rd read the sig
Old 09-20-2004
Boosting Daily

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Chicohonda02
hey if you don't have tons of money and APC is an option what's the big deal. Right?
Yeah, that's what i'm saying. I was planning on getting some APC seats, but no brakets! So i'm planning on getting Konig V-Racing seats w/ brakets and sliders for 01-03 civic @ www.jcwhitney.com.......except i don't think they sell black with black trim anymore......have to get them somewhere else, but the brakets and sliders are still there
Old 09-20-2004
Premium Member

jmiester96 will become famous soon enoughjmiester96 will become famous soon enough
your gonna get ragged on a lot having a big APC on the top of the seats.
Old 09-20-2004
Registered!!

thats funny that you guys thought i would actually get something with apc on it. The seats are just blue and black and dont say APC anywhere on them. I just bought those seats because they were the color i wanted. I didn't even know they were APC til i saw the box. I got the idea from a guy i talked to at nopi, i'm going to get sparco harnesses for the seats and since it doesn't say anywhere on there that it is apc then people will just assume they are sparco. But i'm going to measure the brackets tomorrow and see if my new seats are the same length as the stock ones, if so then i will just weld the brackets on the new seats and save some money. There is no point in paying 100 a pair for brackets if u can just DIY.
Old 09-20-2004
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
the APC seats dont look bad......... 300 dollars is an awesome deal. if you go and wrap those in leather or somethign they will look sooo bad ***.
Old 09-20-2004
Registered!!

born2xLr8 will become famous soon enough
It does sound like a good deal. Especially when they don't say apc on them. Besides, they're just seats. They're not like bulbs that blow that can blow or parts used for performance so I understand why people have to rag on the seats.

Good luck with the brackets.
Old 09-20-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
they dont save you any weight though. At least everything else saves you weight
tenzo R
recardo
sparco
but APC still better than ours. I just hope they are safe... I know tenzo seats have been crash tested along with others.
Old 09-20-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Um they're not like bulbs, but the fabric can still rip from the seams because of crap quality. I would never buy apc seats.
Old 09-20-2004
Jam out with your clam out.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
APC is mad JDM tight yo
Old 09-20-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
I like not dying in accidents.
Somehow I highly doubt they're very strong.
Whether they look bad *** or not, whatever you may think... the seat is probably the most important safety device in the car. Screw the airbag, it only helps in the unlikely head on, and the seat belt does no good unless it has something strong to hold you into.
Its not something to ghettorig in either. You have no idea how many people we turn away from autocrosses because of cheap seats and ghetto installs.
Old 09-20-2004
I like you! do you like me?

Farage is on a distinguished road
i say good find. if it doesnt say APC anywhere and they look good, then have fun.
Old 09-20-2004
Registered!!

JDMPanda is an unknown quantity at this point
so it came with "universal" sliders i presume..so did my 3A seats...what I did was buy some tenzo Brackets off of ebay end welded the sliders to the bracket...that is the only way those universal seats are gonna install...I was lucky to have a friend who had a welder so i got mine done for free....
Old 09-21-2004
Fuzzy Boy

FuzzBeC00L is an unknown quantity at this point
Apc is shitty man but ur choice
Old 09-21-2004
Registered!!

I dont like them either but for 150 each and no apc anywhere on them then i could care less
Old 09-21-2004
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
Tenzo R also makes backets for our seats. When I purchased my seats from tenzo they gave me a option for the brackest and sliders for free so check them out. or engineer something
Old 09-21-2004
Registered!!

mndthegap1 has a spectacular aura aboutmndthegap1 has a spectacular aura about
i have tenzos and they do make brackets and sliders for our car.
they fit very good too.
as for the apc seats... if you cant see apc anywhere and the do the job then who cares who makes them.. if they look good and they feel comfortable to you then its all good. dont worry about what anyone else say...
i mean i get flamed for having tenzos
Old 09-21-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by mndthegap1
i have tenzos and they do make brackets and sliders for our car.
they fit very good too.
as for the apc seats... if you cant see apc anywhere and the do the job then who cares who makes them.. if they look good and they feel comfortable to you then its all good. dont worry about what anyone else say...
i mean i get flamed for having tenzos
flamed for having tenzos? why
tenzo are damn good seats and they arent exsactly cheap...
Old 09-21-2004
Registered!!

you can get flamed for anything on here because there is no company out there that everyone likes. I dont like apc really but i like the seats and since they dont have apc on them then i'm ok with it. Plus I never post looking for someone's opinion on what my car looks like. I love how my car looks and i really dont care what anyone else thinks. Fixing up cars is way to expensive to be doing just to impress other people.
Old 09-22-2004
Registered!!

03CivicEX03 should not be trusted03CivicEX03 should not be trusted
are you sure they are apc? probably some seat put in apc box , anyway it a good deal for those with no name.