Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Interior Color Change

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pjcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Interior Color Change

I know that there are other vic drivers out there like me that are very unhappy with the color of there interior. I'm planning on a DIY this summer to completely change the interior color. I have beige and am looking to swap it for black. I've done some research since I'm on a buget and here is the cheapest way I found to do it. Thought some people might be interested.

1) Seats- I looked on ebay and 7thgen and found a lot of people selling facotry seats or cheap racing seat. Here's a guy from e-bay selling vinyl seat covers on ebay. They give you a leather look, come in different colors, and are pretty cheap. I talked to the guy and its $214 for front and rear shipped! Seats

2) Dash/Trim- I've decided to dye the trim and dash. I was at a PA met and met AzNmiKex215. He did his trim himself with the dye and it turned out awesome. The dye is on like $6 a can. I'll need like 20 cans, but it's a lot cheaper than buying th parts from hondaautomotive.com or some junkyard. Dye

3) Carpet- Hondaautomotive.com

I figure the total cost should be between $350-$400
Old 02-27-2004
Lax Playa

NCStyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Ya know, this isn't a bad idea... I have EBP on the outside, and this shitty beige on the inside... I might try and do this as well this summer, becuase it really is god awful, haha
Old 02-27-2004
Registered!!

blu03civic is an unknown quantity at this point
just checking to see if it works
Old 02-27-2004
Registered!!

I'll post some pics once I get started. I'm hoping by July/August it should be done!
Old 02-27-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
this is a good idea. I have the black and grey interior, and i wouldnt mind having the majority black.
Let us know how everything goes.
Old 02-27-2004
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
white with black interior would be clean as hell i was thinking about doing this but i never heard of the dye god job.
Old 02-27-2004
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,161 Likes on 809 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
please, post how it goes... i'm in the same boat as NCStyle.. epb with shitty beige interior... i would love to have black on the interior...
Old 02-27-2004
Registered!!

Hypnotik is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by acidbaby
white with black interior would be clean as hell i was thinking about doing this but i never heard of the dye god job.
haha, i've thought about doing that, only it would be reversed since i'd be getting my NBP civic painted white =P
Old 03-23-2004
Registered!!

Just to fill you guys in that showed interest, now I'm starting to think that this wasn't the greatest idea in the world. I started to do some tinkering around, turns out its going to cost more than antisipated. You just can't change the color of certain things like seat belts for example. That adds on some $ depending if you replace factor tan with factor black or a racing harnness. There are also some small parts here or there that are going to be a pain. I'll let you know more once the project gets under way. I took off a door panel to fix a look and that became an hour project. This may end up being more costly and more time consuming than orginally intended!
Old 03-23-2004
Registered!!

Majarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trusted
If you have a sedan you could always buy the Acura EL interior seats (front and back) and put them in your car. They're leather and very comfortable. Or you could just get the rears and then get RSX fronts.