Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

the dc tcs exhaust is the s@#$! baby

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003
Lax Playa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NCStyle is an unknown quantity at this point
THANK YOU! argue that
Old 12-01-2003
Yeah, i drive an EP

BREEZE is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the double canister one and i love it and get alot of compliments on how it sounds....like i always say......its up to the person who has it whether they like it.....not everyone else to critisize them because they dont like it...
Old 12-01-2003
Pro Skater

blue03civic is an unknown quantity at this point
yea i kno if he likes it thats fine dc is not crap imo i dont like the tanabe but since i havent had it i cant complain about it and tell people not to like it, it sounds like crap, garbage material so to each his own hes jus letting u kno...people like diff things were not "ricers" for having the dc? and it doesnt equal apc there american like in the name and are cheap sh*t that i can say. for the money u spend on dc i would hope its good quality and it is from wat me and a couple have people have said...also they dont just make tie downs, they make headers intake and other stuff too for performance..also evryone knos nothing makes a differnce so saying japenese companies kno performance is tru but they are just the same as dc if supposedly, to evr1 here, nothing makes performance so then evry company is equal they all give the same gains wut one gives maybe 1 more hp and if u combine say the dc exhaust and headers u get more gain. not saying that other companies cant but dcs got there ish together but wutever evry1 had there opinions didnt mean to get all mad but people should stop saying dont get this or that b/c of wat they read try it out..then state ur opinion..btw im not trying to accuse neone just stating my point of view..
Old 12-01-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Oh yea, I forgot about DC's sorry excuse for an aftermarket header

Here is a shot of it next to the Kamikaze header for our car. DC's header is almost the same as stock, so it's useless.

EVERYTHING makes a difference. Stock EX's dyno at 105hp to the wheels. My car with intake and Tanabe exhaust dynoed at 116hp to the wheels. That's more than 1hp.
Old 12-01-2003
Pro Skater

blue03civic is an unknown quantity at this point
oka thats nice numbers but wut if i dyno the same then dc isnt crap is it so if mines the same numbers as urs wut is possibly wrong with the dc exhuast??
Old 12-01-2003
Registered!!

BlueRevs is an unknown quantity at this point
flyriceracer, what experience do you have with dc, i have seen all your complaints about dc, but gotten no real experiences out of your posts. DC is a good company, have you seen the technology they use to develop and machine thier products? They are not a cosmetic company, They make products that increase performance and allow your car to still be street legal, like thier headers that i have herd complaints about just because it doesn't produce the gains people want. but some people want to still stay "environmentaly friendly" People have different application/ideas for thier cars and if people choose a different brand usually they do it for a reason, and dont sit there and knock a company for your own opinions. Oh and for the people who have knocking, there are many ways to take care of that and it does not include bending the pipe, you can get differnt hangers, or i have the RSX typeR bar 22mm, and i wraped heat tape around the pipe where the sway bar gets too close and created the knocking, guess what no more problems.
Old 12-01-2003

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
I have NEVER installed any of their products on my car, nor will I ever do so. But I have installed the products of DC on a few 7thgens in my town. EEN is a member of this site, I installed his header. I have seen first hand and I have driven these cars. I have raced the DC cars are the strip and my car owns them everytime. I highly doubt that DC has anything on Tanabe or Apexi.

Even DC's strut bar is a joke. It has 5 pieces!!! The bolts come loose all the time and it isn't half as strong at the Neuspeed bar, but it is "pretty"......LOL.

My Tanabe is 50 state street legal. But I don't think that we can do any modifications to make out ULEV cars come close to the polution a cop cruiser puts out. Even someone with the SF turbo had their car pass the emissions inspection in their state. So even with a turbo we are still environmentally friendly.
Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

BlueRevs is an unknown quantity at this point
My bolts have never come loose on my strut bar, if it was installed improperly there is a chance it could come loose. I have never had a problem with it coming loose, i guess grey had a problem with this, sorry but i never have, i have no problem with DC. Tanabe is a great company too, but it isn't for my application, so i dont bitch about it. I have had experienced Autox drivers drive my car and have had a couple of them tell me that it is the best handling civic they have ever been in/driven, oh and guess what i have a DC upper strut and rear lower tie.
Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

DUBjr is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by FlyRiceRacer02
you mispelled your thread title.....it should have read "the dc tcs is s@#$! baby"

DC = APC

They are 100% pure generic brand crapola. At least buy from a japanese company for your japanese car. Companies like Skunk2, HKS, Tanabe and Apexi know more about the car since they race them.

Do you honestly expect that an american company who makes battery tie downs and oil caps is gonna care about the performance that their sheet metal exhaust is going to yield? Sounds like your are pure ricer material to me if you do.

WTF.....dude whens the last time you lifted your hood...or is it maybe that you need magnetic glasses to see better....Our car has shiet on it from siemens ...all this time i thought they were german....civics r not what they used to be....if you lift the hood on a 95 youl see that it says Japan everywhere...only one bit about ohio....and BTW coupes are products of the american market....if you go to japan and tell them you have a tuned coupe theyll laugh your *** back to the states. THE ONLY PARTS THAT FIT ON COUPES THAT R MADE IN JAPAN R INTERCHANGABLE WITH THE FOUR DOORS. I HATE TO BURST YOUR DREAM OF A JDM VEHICLE BUT ALL THOSE PARTS THAT YOU BUY FOR YOUR COUPE WITH JAPANESE NAMES R A PRODUCT OF THE US. DC USES QUALITY METALS, HAVE YOU SEEN THE WELDS THEY SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. Sure some people r not happy with dc there is no company that makes a perfect product. Defects that r not visible to the eye slip through quality control and develop into bigger problems...its called warranty.....and one more thing.....JDM vehicles r the 4door civic and the hatches....I also suggest that you visit dcsports.com and look at the processes of manufacturing that is used at their facility. DCSPORTS started out by making parts for race vehicles. Dont compare APC TO DC CAUSE THEYRE FAR FROM IT....AND DONT CALL ME A RICER CAUSE IM FAR FROM It too....REMEMBER WHAT YOU PAY FOR IS WHAT YOU GET............VENT IS NOW COMPLETE
Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

evanl85 is an unknown quantity at this point
^Ugh, please go to English class.
Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

you mispelled your thread title.....it should have read "the dc tcs is s@#$! baby"

DC = APC

They are 100% pure generic brand crapola. At least buy from a japanese company for your japanese car. Companies like Skunk2, HKS, Tanabe and Apexi know more about the car since they race them.

Do you honestly expect that an american company who makes battery tie downs and oil caps is gonna care about the performance that their sheet metal exhaust is going to yield? Sounds like your are pure ricer material to me if you do.
WTF.....dude whens the last time you lifted your hood...or is it maybe that you need magnetic glasses to see better....Our car has shiet on it from siemens ...all this time i thought they were german....civics r not what they used to be....if you lift the hood on a 95 youl see that it says Japan everywhere...only one bit about ohio....and BTW coupes are products of the american market....if you go to japan and tell them you have a tuned coupe theyll laugh your *** back to the states. THE ONLY PARTS THAT FIT ON COUPES THAT R MADE IN JAPAN R INTERCHANGABLE WITH THE FOUR DOORS. I HATE TO BURST YOUR DREAM OF A JDM VEHICLE BUT ALL THOSE PARTS THAT YOU BUY FOR YOUR COUPE WITH JAPANESE NAMES R A PRODUCT OF THE US. DC USES QUALITY METALS, HAVE YOU SEEN THE WELDS THEY SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. Sure some people r not happy with dc there is no company that makes a perfect product. Defects that r not visible to the eye slip through quality control and develop into bigger problems...its called warranty.....and one more thing.....JDM vehicles r the 4door civic and the hatches....I also suggest that you visit dcsports.com and look at the processes of manufacturing that is used at their facility. DCSPORTS started out by making parts for race vehicles. Dont compare APC TO DC CAUSE THEYRE FAR FROM IT....AND DONT CALL ME A RICER CAUSE IM FAR FROM It too....REMEMBER WHAT YOU PAY FOR IS WHAT YOU GET............VENT IS NOW COMPLETE
Old 12-02-2003

Originally posted by DUBjr
Oh I love it when newbs try to step up to a veteran with his crap statements that don't hold any water.

1. I did not say that I was making my car JDM.
2. The japanese companies still make the parts for the coupe civic even though it doesn't exist in Japan
3. The car may be assembled in Ohio, but the design of the engine and it's components are all Japanese.
4. DC uses quality materials? Since when is adonized aluminum quality material? It can't touch stainless steel and titanium products from Tanabe.
5. Companies like Tanabe have produced exhausts specifically for the Coupe so not everything is originated form a Sedan.
6. It's nice to see that you could only afford the DC SS Adapter "Mr. You-get-what-you-pay-for". How about next time get a real SS and go with the Revo.
7. Please explain to me how the DC exhaust is performance? With all of those bends in it there is no way that it enhances performance in any way. The bests exhaust are a straight as can be.

Come back next time when you have actually read what I posted and can come up with sensible arguments........damn ricer......hehehe

BTW, If anything.....My car is EDM with my pure European Domestic tails and my soon to be ordered EDM Sideview mirrors. But I guess I had better show you pics of it because newbs like you don't seem to know much about the EDM world.
Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

"7. Please explain to me how the DC exhaust is performance? With all of those bends in it there is no way that it enhances performance in any way. The bests exhaust are a straight as can be."

Is that entirely true though? I agree with you on everything else, but for our cars, don't you need some restriction/backpressure? I don't know a LOT yet about performance, so I'm just asking.
Old 12-02-2003

Oh sure there is need for backpressure, but that is created with the size of the piping. If the company could get the right size then all of those bends would not be needed. 2.25" piping has proven the most effective for NA 7thgens.
Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

Ahh, cool. I was planning on getting the Tanabe R spec actually, but I don't want to be pulled over for having a big exhaust on the back of my car (cops around here don't seem to like that) so I'm probably going to get the A'pexi WS. The reason I asked is that I have read that the WS is more restrictive and provides more backpressure. Hopefully it'll have gains anyway...A'pexi makes quality stuff. Better than DC Sports anyway.
Old 12-02-2003

I agree, Apexi is a sweet company also. I am about to get rid of my Tanabe R Spec for the new Tanabe Ultra Medallion........TITANIUM baby!!!! I can't wait.

I don't have any problems from any cops with my exhaust, or any of my mods for that matter. But then again I don't speed or draw attention to myself on the road. I save all the trash talk for the drag strip.
Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

Around here you don't need to be doing anything wrong to get pulled for having a loud exhaust, which is what sucks. I'm willing to bet if a cop pulls up behind me, and sees a large muffler, I'll get pulled. In Virginia, ANY aftermarket/exhaust modification is illegal.
Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

DC = APC

Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

Stop sending the same message, damn.
Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

DC = APC

Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

cvcpwr2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^^???what is your damage???damn.
Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

Wanger is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by HondaLuver
it sucks, now try to put on a upgraded rear sway bar, o i forgot, it will hit. the best exhaust is a straight threw... my custom mendrel bent piping with a high flow cat is 100 times better...
my type s sway bar fits just fine with the tcs.
Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

Wanger is an unknown quantity at this point

DC = APC

lol last time i checked our cars are made in Ohio.
Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

blustrek01 is an unknown quantity at this point
well i have the tcs and the header and i have no complaints. as for the materials they used to produce these products, i'm not sure, but everything looks to be i great shape still. i do love the sound of my exhaust. and it has given me some good numbers. flyriceracer02 can tell you that i put down 9 more hp than he did. we dynoed at the same place. so there is definatly some gains to be had, but as stated before, to each his own.
Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

d17a2x3oy is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a dc header, i think it sucks only good in the winter. To me its just a stock header painted ceramic.
Old 12-02-2003

Originally posted by blustrek01
well i have the tcs and the header and i have no complaints. as for the materials they used to produce these products, i'm not sure, but everything looks to be i great shape still. i do love the sound of my exhaust. and it has given me some good numbers. flyriceracer02 can tell you that i put down 9 more hp than he did. we dynoed at the same place. so there is definatly some gains to be had, but as stated before, to each his own.
hehehe, i knew it was only a matter of time before you showed up. LOL. Come in here and ruin my thread why don't you. hahahaha. I think you dynoed higher because you robably built your own car.
Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by Wanger
lol last time i checked our cars are made in Ohio.
He never said our cars weren't made in America. The thing is, our engines are designed, and engineered, in Japan. Most everything is assembled here, because it's much more cost effective. It's the engineering of it that counts
Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

cwick187 is an unknown quantity at this point
What it comes down to is your own personal taste...If you like big cans sticking out the back of your car that sounds like hell and it makes you think you that your "faster".. stick with what you got....If you like the TCS because it's not loud and it's not as visable, go with that exhaust...No matter what exhaust you get, your not going to be able to tell the difference in the HP or Torque with our cars... Trust me, my friend and I have almost the same exact mods except he bought the Tanabe and I have the DC...We both agreed that there wasn't any gains that we could feel...His car was just alot louder....I've had my exhaust for 2 years and I can say that it is still in perfect condition and everyone compliments me on the sound it produces...That's the main reason I bought the DC, for the sound....As far as the DC header, that's another story...It's crap just like Fly said...not even worth looking at.

Last edited by cwick187; 12-02-2003 at 07:03 AM.
Old 12-02-2003

I have to agree with you on the sound cwick187. I love my tanabe for it's looks and gains, but I really love it's rumble. It's just so much fun to listen to. I rarely drive around with my radio on because i'm too busy listening to the exhaust.

Someone at one point was complaining about their DC exhaust leaking. The weld came loose or something.
Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by cwick187
What it comes down to is your own personal taste...If you like big cans sticking out the back of your car that sounds like hell and it makes you think you that your "faster".. stick with what you got....If you like the TCS because it's not loud and it's not as visable, go with that exhaust...No matter what exhaust you get, your not going to be able to tell the difference in the HP or Torque with our cars... Trust me, my friend and I have almost the same exact mods except he bought the Tanabe and I have the DC...We both agreed that there wasn't any gains that we could feel...His car was just alot louder....I've had my exhaust for 2 years and I can say that it is still in perfect condition and everyone compliments me on the sound it produces...That's the main reason I bought the DC, for the sound....As far as the DC header, that's another story...It's crap just like Fly said...not even worth looking at.

The thing is, they are charging a LOT for the DC TCS. I understand you don't want a large tip, or loud exhaust. There are 3 other exhausts (Japanese) that I am aware of, that are the same price, if not a bit less expensive, that are just as quiet:

A'pexi World Sport
RS*R ExMag (Heard nothing but good things about this so far)
Tanabe Hyper Medallion (No one has it yet..)

I'd personally rather put my money into companies that I know make great products, than into any DC Sports product.

Quick Reply: the dc tcs exhaust is the s@#$! baby