Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

What is the best tempature output using HID's.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003
Second Place is the First Loser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the rough
I don't think that HIDknut has a 7thgen...

Oh and Boosted.. i do know what i am talking about..

And by you saying this, actually means that you know nothing:
and dude dont comment on **** u know nothing about... the 4000k , 6000k ,8000k, etc is the temperature at which the gas burns to produce the desired color... hense higher temperature creates different colors.
to say that the design of the housing creates the color is by FAR most retarded thing ive ever seen posted on this site
The gas doesn't burn at 8000K or you'd melt the front of your car off.. lol
and as stated above.. yes the design of the housing does affect the overall color of the HID output...

I've had my HID's for over 6 months now, and i did extensive research before hand..

Old 09-03-2003
OsOBaNNeD

OsOBooSTeD is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Hefe
I don't think that HIDknut has a 7thgen...

I've had my HID's for over 6 months now, and i did extensive research before hand..

that doesnt mean u know anything about them.... I have better HID's then any of u can buy... and that doesnt make me smarter does it ?
Old 09-03-2003
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
what HID's do you have.
Old 09-03-2003

Hefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the rough
I just said i know what I'm talking about...

And post some pics, and specs, of these HID's "that are beter than any of us can buy"?
Old 09-03-2003

sorry double post

Last edited by Hefe; 09-03-2003 at 10:52 PM.
Old 09-03-2003
OsOBaNNeD

pics are on first page.. and specs well u cant get them.. lets just say their 8000k OEM HID's ... im not saying off of what car.. but lets just say if u went to the dealership to buy them they cost 1300
Old 09-04-2003

umm... NO oem HID's come in 8000K..

Last edited by Hefe; 09-04-2003 at 02:42 AM.
Old 09-04-2003
OsOBaNNeD

umm... NO oem HID's come in 8000K..
ok sure whatever You say... its only written on my ballast.
Old 09-04-2003
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
Check out my pics on members rides for pics of a 6000k kit.
It's Bellof Spark White 6000k's with Spec 01 Evolution ballasts/ignitors. My ballasts are a high power unit. 125% up according to Bellof. So it would be 25% more power than regular ballasts/ignitors, correct?
Hi/Lo H4 kit, BTW. Very easy to install.
Old 09-04-2003
OsOBaNNeD

ehhh. ur **** is white... why go HID and get white? IMO thats a waste.. but hey thats just me.
Old 09-04-2003
Registered!!

HID-Man is an unknown quantity at this point
OsOBooSTeD,

Unfortunately, you have been misinformed with HID technology and I can assure you why in a second.

I work for the Philips Lighting Co. here in the United States and HID Technology has been improving and growing vastly through the years.

To get to the point I will make it very brief. Philips Original Equipment HID can only issue 4100k Kelvin temperature to car manufacturers that support our lighting equipment. It is ILLEGAL for any car company to use anything higher than HID safety standards. This also applies to our competition Osram/Sylvania.

Lexus (division of Toyota) cars have Osram capsules that use only the 4100k temperature that is provided by Sylvania. BMW also carries Osram 4100k capsule for their cars.
Acura (division of Honda) has a deal with Philips and they too install Philips 4100k capsules for Acura and Honda.

With that briefly said, all car manufacturers will be equipped with Osram or Philips capsules. But they do not, I repeat do not install anything higher than a 4100k temperature rating. We feel this provides the best that HID can offer, same reason why it is OEM and nothing else out there can beat it.

The color that many people have come to love is relied on the car manufacturer's headlamp construction. Many cars equipped with HID will have either a projector or reflector based housing. Shields inside the housing will create the illusion of sparkling color, the famous blue/purple sparkle we see on the roads. This sparkle is created by the cut-off line of the reflector or projector housing. This is explained why you only see this sparkle for a second and you look closely enough the light on the ground is white and a hint of "prism" color.

Capsules that go higher than 4100k will use color-altering mixture salts to recreate this "prism" color. The downside to this process is the entire beam pattern of the capsule will be affected by the salts and the whole output will be colored. Automatically, if light is colored it will reduce the amount of visible clean light.

I assure you no car manufacturer are equipped with 8000k capsules. If it is somehow, it is done illegally, good chance it is done within the car dealership. 8000k or anything that is above 6000k are horrible because Philips nor Osram make these capsules. This is obviously the work of people immitating our products or the work of people that want to sell cheap kits to rob your money. Robbing is the key word because since these are done illegally or under unapproved company, these cheap capsules will not last very long.

Thank you for your time.

-HID MAN

Last edited by HID-Man; 09-04-2003 at 04:42 AM.
Old 09-04-2003
Registered!!

Unleaded is an unknown quantity at this point
Audi A6 projectors shoved into TYC headlamps paired with Osram 4100k D2S bulbs and Osram ballasts. Enough Said.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	a6_beam.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	8618  

Last edited by Unleaded; 09-04-2003 at 05:30 AM.
Old 09-04-2003
OsOBaNNeD

Originally posted by HID-Man
OsOBooSTeD,

Unfortunately, you have been misinformed with HID technology and I can assure you why in a second.

I work for the Philips Lighting Co. here in the United States and HID Technology has been improving and growing vastly through the years.

To get to the point I will make it very brief. Philips Original Equipment HID can only issue 4100k Kelvin temperature to car manufacturers that support our lighting equipment. It is ILLEGAL for any car company to use anything higher than HID safety standards. This also applies to our competition Osram/Sylvania.

Lexus (division of Toyota) cars have Osram capsules that use only the 4100k temperature that is provided by Sylvania. BMW also carries Osram 4100k capsule for their cars.
Acura (division of Honda) has a deal with Philips and they too install Philips 4100k capsules for Acura and Honda.

With that briefly said, all car manufacturers will be equipped with Osram or Philips capsules. But they do not, I repeat do not install anything higher than a 4100k temperature rating. We feel this provides the best that HID can offer, same reason why it is OEM and nothing else out there can beat it.

The color that many people have come to love is relied on the car manufacturer's headlamp construction. Many cars equipped with HID will have either a projector or reflector based housing. Shields inside the housing will create the illusion of sparkling color, the famous blue/purple sparkle we see on the roads. This sparkle is created by the cut-off line of the reflector or projector housing. This is explained why you only see this sparkle for a second and you look closely enough the light on the ground is white and a hint of "prism" color.

Capsules that go higher than 4100k will use color-altering mixture salts to recreate this "prism" color. The downside to this process is the entire beam pattern of the capsule will be affected by the salts and the whole output will be colored. Automatically, if light is colored it will reduce the amount of visible clean light.

I assure you no car manufacturer are equipped with 8000k capsules. If it is somehow, it is done illegally, good chance it is done within the car dealership. 8000k or anything that is above 6000k are horrible because Philips nor Osram make these capsules. This is obviously the work of people immitating our products or the work of people that want to sell cheap kits to rob your money. Robbing is the key word because since these are done illegally or under unapproved company, these cheap capsules will not last very long.

Thank you for your time.

-HID MAN

ok whatever you say dude... i guess i cant read what it says on my ballasts... and urr so wrong a bout OEM just making 41000k and below...but thats cool.. im not GOING to argue with someone about something they dont HAVE..
Old 09-04-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by OsOBooSTeD
ok whatever you say dude... i guess i cant read what it says on my ballasts... and urr so wrong a bout OEM just making 41000k and below...but thats cool.. im not GOING to argue with someone about something they dont HAVE..
"ok whatever you say dude"

Getting defensive for no reason. I am simply stating the facts. DUDE.

"i guess i cant read what it says on my ballasts"

Never said you couldn't.

"and urr so wrong a bout OEM just making 41000k and below...but thats cool.. "

I am wrong about OEM? Please explain a bit more clearly with this statement and use correct grammar so I can understand you more clearly. Don't be sarcastic or try to defend yourself with saying "urrr so wrong dude...but that's cool". Speak up!

"im not GOING to argue with someone about something they dont HAVE."

Argue about what, I was never to argue about anything. If you think this is arguing well I don't know what to say to you.

-HID MAN
Old 09-04-2003
Registered!!

HIDKnut is an unknown quantity at this point
ok sure whatever You say... its only written on my ballast.
What's on your ballast has nothing to do with the kind of bulb you have...I've seen plently of cheap Asian made kits on ebay where they slapped some OEM ballasts with their own bulbs.

By the way, no one is argueing with you about whether your kit is "cool" or not......not the case........it's just the misinformation like "8000k being OEM", no such thing.
Old 09-04-2003
Registered!!

ehhh. ur **** is white... why go HID and get white? IMO thats a waste.. but hey thats just me.
So he can see down dark roads........thats why , LMAO......

but nah, for real.......his pictures look pretty good. It may look white in pictures, but if you were to see that car coming down the road...it would probably look close to a car with factory HID.

You have to ask yourself why you wanted HID........did you want it because:

A: it was brighter and it could help you see better, because you like the way it looks on Audi/BMW/Lexus

or

B: just wanted something that looks cool

if your answer was "A" then listen to what others are trying to tell you.........if your answer is "B" then hey, who cares.......do what you want, but at the same time, do some reasearch on H.I.D. so you know whats going on in your headlamp.
Old 09-04-2003
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
lets not argue here, maybe we should start another post about the OEM hid kits. I personally think that oem hid kits look good on cars, but for some reason I feel that they have a higher temp. rating than 4100k. isnt that just about the same rating as halogen bulbs, or a little higher?
Old 09-04-2003
Registered!!

lets face it, somebody is right about this issue and somebody is wrong, lets gets some facts from the actual car manufactures.
Old 09-04-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by streetglower
lets not argue here, maybe we should start another post about the OEM hid kits. I personally think that oem hid kits look good on cars, but for some reason I feel that they have a higher temp. rating than 4100k. isnt that just about the same rating as halogen bulbs, or a little higher?
Did you read my post at all?

Streetglower,

Halogen lighting doesn't even come close to the Kelvin color temperature scale. Even if it did, the light output will still be drastically lower than HID. Many people here are confusing color temperature that the higher you go, the brighter it is. In fact it's quite the opposite.

The 4100k capsule is the brightest. Technical specifications of the capsule will output 3200 Lumens of light. As you go higher up the Kelvin, this Lumen rating will fall. If the Lumen rating falls so the does the brightness. This is the reason why car manufacturers will not use higher kelvin rated capsules because simply of its light output is lowered and will not provide the best optic advantage for HID.

If you use the brightness, clean light of 4100k you can alter the color by with the car's headlamp. This is done by the Optic Shield (cut-off) for the light.

I would seriously recommend you read this website I came across. It tells in great amount of detail about MISCONCEPTIONS. When you arrive at the page, click the link "misconceptions" and read on from there. This will finally teach you the big misconception(s) of aftermarket/oem HID.

http://www.intellexual.net/hid.html

-HID Man
Old 09-04-2003
Registered!!

Yes they "look" like they are a higher temp, but they are only 4100k. The HID lights you see that are deep purple are most likely cars that use projectors with their HID systems:

usually cars like Audi, BMW, and the Honda s2000 have projectors. Mercedes started using projectors on their newer cars. But that deep purple you see is because of the refraction of light.....similar to how a prism refracts light...which is why you can look at HID projectors at different angles and see different colors.....or they almost sparkle when you see them coming down the road.

The cars you see with a lighter purple, almost blueish-white........are ones that use HID with reflectors like from this Infiniti G35:

Infiniti, Lexus, Acura, and Nissan use this reflector design. If you slap those same HID capsules in a halogen reflector housing, you get a white, greenish color, with little or no blue. So the REFLECTOR or PROJECTOR housing is what gives you those deep blues and purples from a 4100k bulb. To get that from a halogen housing, you have to either alter the color of the bulb (which dimishes the life and brightness) or alter your reflector housing which can come close, but you'll still have glare.

Well I have some information from the people who produce about half of the HID systems you see in cars...Osram/Sylvania. Heres a chart from their website showing a comparison of halogen with standard OEM hid as well as their auxillilary lights I mentioned before which are 5400k:

taken from this website:

http://www.sylvania.com/xenarc/hidfaq.htm

Also, here is a reputable seller of OEM HID kits on Ebay from which I got those pictures:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2430360368

and as I said before, I'm not argueing, just teaching.....and I only teach facts.
Old 09-04-2003
Registered!!

Here are great pics to help back up everything I have been writing about for the people that care about quality lighting for their vehicles.

I came upon these sites and provide great visual images on what HIDKnut and I are talking about.

Great site showing visual pictures explaining the color "phenomena" and yes it doesn't come out of higher kelvin capsule :

http://www.geocities.com/jvxdriver/h...ector_beam.htm

This an example and shows the cut-off line that creates that sharp, color that we see driving on the road. Yes, this is a 4100k capsule setup.

Reasons car manufacturers stay away anything higher than 4100k

-HID Man

Last edited by HID-Man; 09-04-2003 at 01:00 PM.
Old 09-04-2003
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by HIDKnut
So he can see down dark roads........thats why , LMAO......

but nah, for real.......his pictures look pretty good. It may look white in pictures, but if you were to see that car coming down the road...it would probably look close to a car with factory HID.

You have to ask yourself why you wanted HID........did you want it because:

A: it was brighter and it could help you see better, because you like the way it looks on Audi/BMW/Lexus

or

B: just wanted something that looks cool

if your answer was "A" then listen to what others are trying to tell you.........if your answer is "B" then hey, who cares.......do what you want, but at the same time, do some reasearch on H.I.D. so you know whats going on in your headlamp.
Exactly what I was thinking. Why would I spend over a $1000 on lighting just to look cool? If I wanted to look cool I would have rather spent my money on a body kit or something flashy like that. I bought HIDs because I can see the road better at night. I respect different peoples reasons for getting certain things, but $1200 (as ooosobooted claims) just to look cool?
Old 09-04-2003
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
Originally posted by LiKEaFeRiO
Exactly what I was thinking. Why would I spend over a $1000 on lighting just to look cool? If I wanted to look cool I would have rather spent my money on a body kit or something flashy like that. I bought HIDs because I can see the road better at night. I respect different peoples reasons for getting certain things, but $1200 (as ooosobooted claims) just to look cool?
nonono... Thats how much they cost if you get them from a dealer... He got a special offer on his
Old 09-04-2003

And Impulse... What are his? I'm still waiting to see..
Old 09-04-2003
Registered!!

thanks HID man for giving me some more info, The reason why I got HID's is because I like the look of them, I really dont care if I can see better. I would spend money on other stuff like bodykits and suspension, but I use my car to deliver pizzas, and it really doesnt work out well.
Old 09-04-2003
Registered!!

Hwoody77 can only hope to improve

Hey I have a quick question, I just bought a Philips 6000K HID, which isn't the Hi/Low beam unit, what'll happen when I install this? My high beams will be gone?
Old 09-05-2003
Registered!!

Re: ...

Originally posted by Hwoody77
Hey I have a quick question, I just bought a Philips 6000K HID, which isn't the Hi/Low beam unit, what'll happen when I install this? My high beams will be gone?
Yep.........and your low beams will shut off when you try to flick your high beams. You never considered getting one of the aftermarket headlamps with dual lamps? they have billions of them on ebay.
Old 09-05-2003
Registered!!

Yes you will have no high beams, and probably what will happen is your high beam light, which is that blue indication on the dash will stay on when you turn your headlights on, that is what happened when mine were installed.
Old 09-05-2003
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
And Impulse... What are his? I'm still waiting to see..
why dont you PM him? BTW, He iis bzy adding... TURBO His ride is gonna be, sooo fast... That is why he has HID's... To see where the **** he is going @ night...
Old 09-05-2003

Yes you will have no high beams, and probably what will happen is your high beam light, which is that blue indication on the dash will stay on when you turn your headlights on, that is what happened when mine were installed.
Is the blue light still on??

If it is.. try tunring the adapter that plugged into you factory harness upside-down. Unplug it.. and turn you r wrist around and plug it in, so that the top of the Prong is opposite the other one. understand???.....

Quick Reply: What is the best tempature output using HID's.