Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Neuspeed Short-Shift Kit- impressions

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jwsisme is an unknown quantity at this point
Neuspeed Short-Shift Kit- impressions

I just installed the Neuspeed Short-Shift Kit the other day- and I love it!
Installation was easy, but you need a drill. (they included the drill bit).
Shifting feels a lot better then stock.
Old 08-09-2003
Registered!!

Macfay is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought I have to get a drill by myself...oh well, I guess I can get mine done soon then...
Old 08-09-2003
Registered!!

Civic02playa is an unknown quantity at this point
I too installed the Neuspeed short shift.........it is AMAZING.....the throws are soo smooth and the distance has been cut down considerably conpared to stock......I highly suggest it to anyone lookin for a good short shift kit
Old 08-10-2003

fuledya is an unknown quantity at this point
where'de ya get it and how much?
Old 08-10-2003
Registered!!

NoBottleJustThrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
i have one too, i love mine. Everyone seems to think that since its only an adapter that its crap...well i can guarentee that i can shift just as fast if not faster with my setup to their REVO setup.
The cool thing about my swap that im doing right now is, that the RSX-S shifter feels as short as mine with the neuspeed SS stock. So its gonna be awsome when i get a neuspeed SS on that shifter.
Old 08-11-2003
Registered!!

dankawitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone got any pics of the hidden screws to get the console off of a '03 EX coupe??
Old 08-11-2003
Banned by Admin
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Master should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trusted
Even though you think you can shift as fast or faster without the revo. You might want to think again. With the Adapters and not actuall short shifter you have to move the stick further because it is taller (there is no change in stick height). Also, I forget which it is but the kits only make the throw shorter for either disengagement or engagement. I can't remember which. The revo makes it shorter for both. The adapters only reduce the through in which ever they help out by about 40% the revo is 60% I believe. So sure you may think you are doing better shifter than you could with the adapter but in reality the revo is alot faster. You would be able to do it faster if you got rid of your adapter and got the revo. I don't think the adapters are crap but I have heard that they wear out and brake after a little bit. And yeah sure the adapter maybe $20 cheaper than the revo or the obx short shifters but that $20 gets you more than what saving $20 gets you. Better shifting and looks.
Old 08-11-2003
Banned by Admin

Master should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trusted
Originally posted by dankawitz
Anyone got any pics of the hidden screws to get the console off of a '03 EX coupe??
There is a diy floatting around but it isn't in the DIY section anymore. But after pop out the two front clips and unsrew the 2 back screws, there are two top peices. One starts in front of the middle square cup thing and goes back behind the e-brake. You have to pop that out. After you pop it out you will see two screws right behind the shifter under the peice you just popped out. Those are the only 2 screws holding down by this point. Hope I could help.
Old 08-11-2003
Registered!!

i cut my shifter down. Its just as short as a REVO. And i would love to see someone with a REVO shift faster than me. The only thing that is keeping me from going any faster is my clutch foot, and i can slam that pretty damn fast.
Old 08-11-2003
Registered!!

by the way Master....GO DRAGONS!!! i dont think anyone else will get that other than me and you...i use to live in southlake.
Old 08-12-2003
OsOBaNNeD

OsOBooSTeD is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by NoBottleJustThrottle
i cut my shifter down. Its just as short as a REVO. And i would love to see someone with a REVO shift faster than me. The only thing that is keeping me from going any faster is my clutch foot, and i can slam that pretty damn fast.
i

i agree.. mines actually shorter then everyones.. check my members ride photos .. its low... not mention I have a SOLO shift adapter on there.. ive had it on there for over 2 years now... and well IT HASNT BROKE!
Old 08-12-2003
OsOBaNNeD

Re: Neuspeed Short-Shift Kit- impressions

Originally posted by jwsisme
I just installed the Neuspeed Short-Shift Kit the other day- and I love it!
Installation was easy, but you need a drill. (they included the drill bit).
Shifting feels a lot better then stock.
I CANT believe you have to drill ne thing... that doesnt seem right. i duno .. i have a solo and all i had to do was clamp it on. and move the cable to the new mounting point. and waa laa.

drillin just doesnt sound right to me. i duno just my 2 cents
Old 08-12-2003
Registered!!

Renamazazo is an unknown quantity at this point
Now that we've concluded that EVERYONE can shift fast, you guys do realize that shifting fast and hard does put a lot of wear on your synchro's right? Especially when downshifting from 2nd to 1st. I've heard of a supposid lock out for 1st, I've never been unable to shift form 2nd to first, though the highest I do it from is like 20-25, I think people think it has a lock out cause it's so hard to get into gear. I just double clutch (and No i'm not trying to sound like the fast and the furious)

ANYWAY I can shift fast when I want to, but I don't do it very often. I got the REVO because it's the whole assembly, and I didn't have to drill anything. Here are some pictures of my shift ***, I just took them and it's night out so sorry about the quality.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	shift1.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	6958  
Old 08-12-2003
Registered!!

Name:	shift2.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	6959  
Old 08-12-2003
Registered!!

Name:	shift3.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	6960  
Old 08-12-2003
OsOBaNNeD

there is a lockout for first... it doesnt allow you to shift into first unless your under 25 or something... its a saftey feature.
Old 08-12-2003
Registered!!

are you sure it's a lock out, cause i've never felt it, and, I do know what the lockout feels like when going from 5th to reverse. PLUS, the reverse lockout is a totaly mechanical one, whereas a lockout for 1st would have to involve solonoids and and electronics since it would have to be a speed activated one. Lastly, you'd have to be totally not paying attention to get it into 1st going over 30 MPH because it would take a lot of pressure, and wouldn't feel right at all, so i don't know why they'd do this anyway.
Old 08-12-2003
OsOBaNNeD

its a lcok out.. believe me .. its a saftey feature of some kind.. but from what i can tell its only in hondas cause my friends GTI can throw first at any time he wants...

I think honda's have this cause first gear is so short.. maybe they have a history of dumb people throwin first instead of third.. lol
Old 08-12-2003
Banned by Admin

ok maybe you are able to shift faster than anyone with a revo. Well try it with a revo now and you will shift a hell of alot faster than with your current set up.

Yeah yeah. Dragons suck. lol. Have you seen their new stadium yet. It is freakin huge the Dallas Burn play their games at that place now.
Old 08-13-2003
Registered!!

yea i visited Southlake last summer, HUGE!! makes me wish i was still around. If i lived in Southlake i would be having lunch and dinner at Hooters almost every night too...that was the best thing Grapevine could have ever done!
Old 08-13-2003
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light
Well that's cool. I'm glad you're happy with the Neuspeed. I'm sure it's definatly better. It would be hard to get worse. . heh . . But I still think, when the time comes . .I'll go Revo.