I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Help with new Civic and NAVI system, please.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crowtoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Help with new Civic and NAVI system, please.

Just 2 weeks ago I purchased a used 2006 Civic Coupe with NAVI system and I need some assistance from the knowledgeable folks here. The previous owner set a PIN for the address book and the "go home" feature. Can anyone tell me how to reset or remove the pin code so I can use these functions?

Since it says in the Navigation System Owners Manual that if you forget your PIN code to take it to your dealer to have it reset, I asked my dealer about it and they couldn't find the information on how to reset it. I waited for a 1/2 hour at the service counter and they said they would find out how to do it and call me. That was a week ago and I haven't heard anything since then so I'm not holding my breath.

Is it a function that can be accessed through the service menu that comes up by pressing the Map+Menu+Cancel keys?

I REALLY love my new Civic but being locked out of the NAVI system prevents me from using it like it's intended and is a real PAIN.

Thanks in advance to any kind soul who can help me out.

Chris