Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here.

rear wheels make clunking sounds when braking

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sil83ca is an unknown quantity at this point
rear wheels make clunking sounds when braking

I went to replace my 4 all season wheels with 4 wheels that have winter tires on them.

right after i did that, I noticed that whenever I apply the brakes, I hear a clunking sounds that appears to be coming from the rear wheels.

I tried re-installing the wheels again to make sure nothing was loose, and it did not help.

Any thoughts? so far I've had someone tell me that the parking brake cable might be too tight.
Old 01-01-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: rear wheels make clunking sounds when braking

right after i did that, I noticed that whenever I apply the brakes, I hear a clunking sounds that appears to be coming from the rear wheels.
What did the rear brake inspection reveal?
Old 01-05-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Christena421 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: rear wheels make clunking sounds when braking

What type of your Wheel??