Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here.

17 inch wheels - Can't tell what trim they came from

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4pointslow is an unknown quantity at this point
17 inch wheels - Can't tell what trim they came from

Hi all

I purchased a 2012 LX last September for a great price. I love the car so far and thought I would buy a nice set of wheels for the summer now that it is starting to warm up here in Toronto. My LX came from the factory with 15 inch steel wheels with hub caps. I am using these as my winter rims and currently have 195/65/15 Bridgestone Blizzaks mounted on them. I came across a set of 17 inch Honda rims on Kijiji with 215/45/17 Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 v-speed rated tires mounted on them. Buyer had them posted for $400 (CAD) but I got him down to $350 after finding a nail in one of them. Tires have between 70-80% tread on them. Wheels are in very good condition, but I can't seem to figure out what model or trim level civic they came off of. The seller told me 9th gen but I've search all over the internet and can't seem to find them. I'm starting to think they are counterfeit (still a good price as the tires alone are worth what I paid for everything) Hoping to hear some input on here as to if these rims are legit or not. I am still happy with them, but cannot find a picture of these anywhere. Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers

Notice the mark on the top of the rim. I know this is a manufacturer of a lot of wheels. I've seen the same logo on my Mazda 6 wheels and Subaru Impreza
Old 04-02-2019
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,452 Likes on 1,205 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: 17 inch wheels - Can't tell what trim they came from

not sure the year, but one way is to find online brochures for the civic years.

like, found a 2012 brochure here:

http://www.audibmw.info/pdf/honda/5.pdf
Old 04-02-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,132 Likes on 946 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Honda wheels have that little mark as well. They look familiar, I just can't remember what car they're from
Old 04-02-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 305 Likes on 215 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Does it have any info stamped on the spokes or hub center on the inside of the wheel?