Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here.

TPMSlight is on

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jazhole is an unknown quantity at this point
Question TPMSlight is on

I drive a 2009 Honda Civic and I brought it in awhile ago to get my tires rotated and ever since then my TPMS light has been on. Not the low tire pressure indicator but the light itself. Is there a way to reset it or do i have to replace the sensor. If so is it pretty easy/doable to do it myself?
Old 06-20-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TPMSlight is on

Chances are good that at least one of the pressure sensors has died.
If this is accurate, someone will need to figure out which one is no longer transmitting or cannot be read.
(IF all 4 sensors actually work, then deeper diagnosis will be needed)

Replacing a tire pressure sensor is not DIY unless you have your own tire machine or maybe a bead breaker.

A new sensor will need to be programmed to the car. This is not DIY.
A replacement sensor that has been 'cloned' with the ID of the original sensor would not need to be programmed.

NOTE: If one sensor has died, the rest are probably just as old and may also suffer the same fate soon. Would you like to replace the whole set?