Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here.

Weird noise. Brake pad alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BLUEJON is an unknown quantity at this point
Weird noise. Brake pad alarm?

Hello everyone! I took my wife's car, an 09 Honda Civic DX-G (imported from Canada) to a dealership (Rock Honda in Fontana, CA) because of a weird, intermittent sound. It's not a squeek or squeal (mechanical) u will hear like when u step on d brake, it's like a frequency or electronic in nature. Sometimes u can hear it right after u start d car (car stationary) or while moving. The service advisor said the brake pads needs to be replaced and d sound is coming from d alarm that sets off when d pads needs to b replaced. How true is this? I took back the car bcoz they are charging us around $230 to replace front pads & to adjust something in the rear brakes. It's my first time to hear this alarm or something, I'm driving an 06Accord EX but nothing like this happened to my car. Is there really such an alarm that sets off when the brake pads needs to be replaced on a Civic? Thanks!