Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Cost to Replace Side Engine Mount

Old 04-02-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cruzfactor is an unknown quantity at this point
Cost to Replace Side Engine Mount

I was told I should replace my side engine mount for my 2010 Honda Civic during a visit at the car dealership. They quoted me $720 for the job. I got some quotes online from some independents and got $465 and $425. Both will be using OEM parts (50820-SNB-H01). The price difference between the dealership and independent has me second guessing if the lower price is just too good to be true. I'm sure some of you have had to replace yours side engine mount. Is peace of mind worth the higher price of the dealership? Any help?
Old 04-02-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pjweber is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Cost to Replace Side Engine Mount

Originally Posted by cruzfactor
I was told I should replace my side engine mount for my 2010 Honda Civic during a visit at the car dealership. They quoted me $720 for the job. I got some quotes online from some independents and got $465 and $425. Both will be using OEM parts (50820-SNB-H01). The price difference between the dealership and independent has me second guessing if the lower price is just too good to be true. I'm sure some of you have had to replace yours side engine mount. Is peace of mind worth the higher price of the dealership? Any help?
Do it yourself or with help from a friend? With some basic tools and help from videos on line, engine mounts are very easy. Those prices are crazy from the dealer. I would carefully look at all the engine mounts, I would seriously consider replacing them all at the same time.
Old 04-02-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cost to Replace Side Engine Mount

The engine mount on the passengers side is the one that causes the horrible vibrations

Your part number appears to be incorrect. The updated mount in the service bulletin is #50820-SNB-305 for 2 door models with 1.8 engine

SEE this bulletin link PDF for the right part numbers:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/HY...otor_mount.pdf

The prices from indy shops are reasonable IMO.

I'd DIY it, but I do it for a living, so....