Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

'09 Civic SI Fried ECU?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ifightwars is an unknown quantity at this point
'09 Civic SI Fried ECU?

My car's been giving me a blinking check engine light for a week or so now and the code pulled was p0304. Rough idle, difficult to accelerate, all that. I took it to a mechanic and he checked everything spark plugs, fuel injectors, coils and everything was fine. He told me the car's computer wasn't sending electricity to the fuel injectors or something like that. I took it to another mechanic for a second opinion and he thought it was the injectors. After trying a new one, he also figured the same thing with the ECU. The second guy told me the chips in the ECU were burnt.

I bought this car used a year ago @ 68k miles and only had to swap the alternator. The only modification the previous owner made was a K&N CAI. Now I'm starting to think maybe he messed with the computer a bit unless this is an actual problem and I'm just really unlucky. Anyone have any knowledge on this?

And are there any reliable sites around that sell ECUs? (K20Z3)
Old 01-07-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boosted Turtle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: '09 Civic SI Fried ECU?

I have a spare computer for k20z3 i took out a car i was parting out not so long ago only thing is that was a 2dr. I have no problem selling you the computer for a very cheap price. If interested PM me here i can then make a listing on the forum or w.e and we go from there other than that idk hopefully it is the computer and we can work something out.