Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Maintenance Minder Blunder

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tgod288 is an unknown quantity at this point
Maintenance Minder Blunder

Hello. I have a 2014 civic lx sedan with 32,000 miles. My maintenance minder was at 30% and had code B1 so I went ahead and changed my oil, oil filter and rotated my tires. While driving today, I realized I forgot to reset the MM. So while driving, I tried and reset it and got an error that it could not be reset (probably because the engine needs to be off to reset). I tried a few more times and it kept failing. So I parked, went to work and when I came back, the oil life said 100% and is showing codes A1245

1 - Rotate tires, and check tire pressure and condition
2 - Replace air cleaner element, check drive belt, and replace dust and pollen filter.
4 - Replace spark plugs
5 - Replace engine coolant

I am thinking that my multiple attempts while driving, actually did reset it multiple times. I am only at 32k miles, so I obviously do not need all of this. Is there a way to "undo" the multiple MM resets? so that I can get back to where the MM should be. I am afraid my maintenance schedule is going to be all out of wack now that it thinks I have a ton of miles on the car. I called my local dealer and they were no help.
Old 11-16-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maintenance Minder Blunder

Wow. Did you reset it like a dozen times?
Ignore it.
No, there isn't any way for you to undo it. I don't think the dealer scanner can "undo" it, any more than resetting individual items as though they had been completed...and you already did that with the last successful oil change reset.

Keep track of your normal services. On paper. Keep in the glovebox or something.

Filter reminder #2 usually shows up somewhere around every 24-30k. Maybe that one showed up as a normal interval at 32k.

#3 Trans fluid (CVT) may show up anywhere from 30k-60k.

#4, #5 Plugs and coolant shouldn't show until 100k area.