Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

06 EX Coupe Manual Instrument Cluster FLICKERING

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jjcard41 is an unknown quantity at this point
06 EX Coupe Manual Instrument Cluster FLICKERING

Hello everyone,

I appreciate the help in advance. My instrument cluster in my car keeps flickering/blinking when it's cold out and when it's raining or the moisture level is high outside. Then after about 15 minutes of having the heater run on high, then the blinking becomes slower and eventually it quits blinking and everything functions normal. My car runs perfectly fine throughout all of this btw. Problem is that I have nothing working on my instrument cluster. No tach, no gas level, no speedometer, no cruise.
The only thing that doesn't keep blinking is the light on my radio display and my radio does work. When the temperature is above 70 and it's sunny outside, everything works like it should. Through the summer it wasn't really a problem, but now that the temps are dropping, it's becoming very difficult and and more annoying than anything. I just loaded a video up on Youtube that I recorded with my phone. It's about 17 seconds long. I'll post the VIDEO link below.
Basically, all my lights in the cluster are blinking, as well as the radio/climate control panel. The display where it shows the radio station is the only place it doesn't blink.
I've checked all fuses and everything is fine. Is this something electrical? I'm nervous to bring it to a dealer because they will charge me over $100 an hour to try and find the problem.
Anyone have any experience or be able to diagnose this? Thank you everyone!

If the link doesn't come up below, please search "2006 honda civic ex instrument cluster blinking"

Last edited by jjcard41; 11-13-2017 at 07:30 AM.