Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2006 Honda Civic Ex

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sf88 is an unknown quantity at this point
2006 Honda Civic Ex

Hey everyone, so I bought this car a few months ago and the following problem happened this weekend.

I turned it on and when I slowly released the clutch for "the sweet spot" it wasn't doing anything and I had to actually give it extra power just to move the car. I took it around the block and still was giving it more power than usual and it was barely moving. At first I thought it would have something to do with the clutch but it wasn't slipping. I parked it and the next day the problem was gone. 3 days later (last night) it came back and I noticed as I was turned it sounded as if the tires were screeching, mind you I was going about 10mph, and the problem stayed for about 3 miles then went away. I drive about 80-100 miles a day and from May to now I've had this problem twice. I feel like it might have something to do with the power going to the wheels but I'm not too sure, has anyone run into this problem? Also it smelt like something was getting burned after I parked it both times.

Thank you!
Old 08-31-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2006 Honda Civic Ex

Have you even opened the hood and looked around yet?
Old 08-31-2017
Registered!!

I did open it nothing looked or smelt out of place....a buddy told me it might be brakes and that my calipers might have ceased
Old 08-31-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Did it smell like burning rubber?
Inspect the belt and all of the pulleys. AC pulley, tensioners, etc.

How many miles are on the car?

Check the brakes....get it to act up and feel each wheel to see if one is much hotter than the other.
Old 08-31-2017
Registered!!

I will do that for sure thank you and the car has 210000 miles on it lol but it's smooth as. Utter minus this problem