Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Intermittent scraping noise 2015 Honda Civic

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
falise is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Intermittent scraping noise 2015 Honda Civic

Hello, I've been experiencing a mild scraping sound when driving the past two days. It doesn't happen at any particular movement i.e. not just when I brake, accelerate, turn, etc. Happens randomly. At first I thought it was a truck near me, and it also sounds like cicadas when my windows are up. I'm at about 26K miles and just got serviced a week or two ago. Tried driving with A/C off, still happens. Not sure what this could be.. I drive in the city a lot, but I haven't hit any huge potholes and I don't go off-roading at all.
Thoughts?
Old 08-31-2017
Registered!!

Bigborgel is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Intermittent scraping noise 2015 Honda Civic

Had the same thing with my ''15. It was the skid plate under the engine. Guess my wife hit something and badly bent the plate, it peeled back and was scraping on the ground. Think a look underneath is in order.
Old 08-31-2017
Registered!!

falise is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Intermittent scraping noise 2015 Honda Civic

Originally Posted by Bigborgel
Had the same thing with my ''15. It was the skid plate under the engine. Guess my wife hit something and badly bent the plate, it peeled back and was scraping on the ground. Think a look underneath is in order.
I got it checked out, multiple things.. something to do with a dust shield and a partially cracked brake pad. Thanks though!