Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

06 will not start?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
woody367 is an unknown quantity at this point
06 will not start?

We have a 06 Civic hybrid that ran fine when parked 6 months ago. Whe I went to start it the battery was dead and would not take a charge so I put in a new one. Now everthing work but the engine will not turn over at all. The green key security light on the dash is flashing which means its not reading the key chip right? I have tryied using the key with no other items on the key ring which a dealer said to try and replaced the battery in the key fob. Can someone please help figure this out? Thanks
Old 06-16-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 06 will not start?

Click this link and read the first part of the bulletin, I'm thinking it describes what has happened to your car.....to a "T".

TSB link (PDF)

Contact your dealership.
Provide a copy of this service bulletin, ask for an estimate to do this repair as per the bulletin.

Tow (or push/pull/drag) it to the dealership.
Make sure ALL of your keys go with the car, they must all be programmed at the same time.

You should also know, letting a hybrid sit unused is very hard on the IMA battery, its life may be shortened.