Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Civic 2009 Problème

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
labod is an unknown quantity at this point
Civic 2009 Problème

Hello everyone,
I am a Frenchman with a 2009 Honda Civic 1.8L.
My level in English is very bad. (Thank you Google Translate).
I hope you will be able to help me.
My Honda make a strange noise that you hear only at low speed, when there is no noise.

Here is the link of the noise

Where can this come from? Knowing that the air conditioning must be unloaded because since yesterday I have only hot air. So I'm thinking about an AC compressor problem. Do you have diagrams of the accessory strap? Do you think the problem can come from the AC compressor?
Old 06-13-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Civic 2009 Problème

EDIT: If you are in France, I cannot be positive your car is the same as ours (North America), so this info may not be exactly correct for your particular car. Check your car for compatibility first!
====
Locate the AC compressor pulley and observe/see/watch it as the noise occurs. I believe you may discover the pulley wobbles side to side at the time the noise occurs.

You can remove the serpentine belt, then spin and wiggle that AC pulley with your hand to check for noise, roughness, and excessive free play in the pulley.

It sounds like the AC compressor pulley bearing is bad.
If this is correct, over here in the USA Honda sells the clutch and pulley set, and the coil, all separately from the compressor for any original factory installed AC compressor.
Honda sells the individual pieces so you can keep your original unit working. No need to replace the entire compressor, if one is willing to use Honda genuine parts.

Aftermarket will likely only sell a complete compressor....and I have discovered that Genuine Honda parts may not fit an aftermarket compressor.

Alternatively, you can use a shorter belt to bypass the compressor until you have sufficient time/money fix the problem. Ask for a belt for the same year car, DX, without AC.