Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2006 civic si trunk issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lester tharp is an unknown quantity at this point
2006 civic si trunk issues

hello to all
I allowed my son to have this si for a few years , now it is back with me , but can not get into the trunk
I hope someone has some solid advice as to how to get into my trunk without tearing up the car
thank you
lester
Old 04-23-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2006 Honda Civic Si Emergency Trunk Latch Fails!

Do you know what broke?
Cable problem, electric release problem, or the latch itself failed?
Remove handle set from drivers floor, try to operate the release cable manually

In the shop, I'd probably try to go through the 60/40 split rear folding seat seat and try to catch the hostage release lever with a tool.

Wedge something between the upper sections to spread them apart far enough to see into the trunk
Shine a good flashlight through the opening so you can see the trunk latch and hostage release
I have some tools made from long steel rods (one from a lockout kit, we call them breaking and entering tools....another made from a trunk lid torsion spring) that are strong enough to push the hostage release from 4 feet away.