Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

07 si need belt size to bypass locked up ac

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
8thgenocide is an unknown quantity at this point
07 si need belt size to bypass locked up ac

i have a 2007 civic si,my ac compressor locked up, im going to fix it but for the time being i want to leave the compressor on and find a shorter belt to by pass it.. has anyone done this and can tell me what size belt i need to bypass the compressor? thank you

Last edited by 8thgenocide; 01-23-2017 at 12:23 AM.
Old 01-22-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: locked up ac compressor

Search this forum, I'm thinking someone posted about this same situation with a belt number or length to use....but I can't remember what year the car was.

Did the compressor lock up or just the pulley? If just the pulley, you can buy it separately through Honda.
Old 01-23-2017
Registered!!

Re: locked up ac compressor

I'm not sure, is there a way to tell if it's the pully or the compressor
Old 01-23-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 07 si need belt size to bypass locked up ac

The pulley freewheels at all times, its bearing it usually the first to go. It could have been making rattle noises for a long time before it spits ball bearings out and locks up. The clutch plate engages against the spinning pulley to drive the compressor.

The outermost plate (clutch plate) is attached to the compressor shaft, it should be able to spin by hand (assuming the bad pulley isn't pushed against it)..you may need to remove the belt to find out more.
Old 01-23-2017
Registered!!

Re: 07 si need belt size to bypass locked up ac

The belt got destroyed from the pully not spinning