Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

My Civic 07 won't go over 3500 RPM!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JD809 is an unknown quantity at this point
My Civic 07 won't go over 3500 RPM!

I had read some of the post related to mine but here is the difference that I have. My car runs fine, no issues at all for about 100 miles or so then the engine light comes on, seconds later my car won't go over 3500 RPMS. I'm not sure for how long this last but I usually pull up and turn off the vehicle for about 5-10 second and turn on and it runs fine again. The engine light stays on for a couple days then it goes off by it self. In about 100 miles, engine light comes back on and the same thing happens again. Changed the spark plugs already but it didn't feel fix the issue so I'm thinking it might be the crank sensor but before I do anything, I want to heard what you guys think. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-07-2016
Registered!!

JD809 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: My Civic 07 won't go over 3500 RPM!

Codes are P2646 and P0420. It tells me to replace the vvt (variable valve timing) would this fix the issue?
Old 11-07-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Check oil level ASAP, first step. Low oil level can cause the P2646 code.
The code will also cause limp mode, restricted RPM.

Search this forum for P2646...
Did you find anything helpful?

P0420 is just a cat code. Oil consumption problems can contribute to reduced cat life, as can misfires and rich running.
Old 08-20-2017
Registered!!

lalovargas is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm having the same problem with my 07 civic with code p2646 replace the spool valve and same thing runs ok when cold for like10min and then won't rev more than 3500. did you fix yours? need help with mine