Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Car alarm malfunctioning

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xstarbuckx is an unknown quantity at this point
Car alarm malfunctioning

I took my car to a shop this morning to have my brake pads replaced and get an oil change. After I picked it up, drove home, and went in the house, the car alarm started going off. I clicked the open button on my key to turn it off and waited...it happened again 10 mins later. After another two alarm sounds, I was able to drive back to the shop but now they're closed (it's a Saturday afternoon).

Can someone please tell me how to disconnect the alarm so that I can make it to Monday? Thanks!
Old 09-06-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Car alarm malfunctioning

What kinda car?

Aftermarket alarm??
Old 09-13-2014
Never underestimate the power of a woman.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yoopercivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Car alarm malfunctioning

This happened to me on two occasions. One I discovered it was a fuse and the other time it was because I needed a new battery in my controller. Hope this helps you get somewhere. It's easier if you try to find the problem on your own and cheaper. If it keeps turning on you can always disconnect the battery while the car is sitting but I guess not something to consider if you live a not so safe place. A friend of mine discovered that his car alarm was coming on alot because kids were trying to annoy him by throwing tiny bouncy ***** at the car until he disconnected the battery leaving easy access for those kids to break in. Good luck, hope you get it figured out