Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Honda civic 2013: HELP NEEDED!!!! Please and thank you!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LocknLo is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Honda civic 2013: HELP NEEDED!!!! Please and thank you!

Recently my key-less entry car keys was stolen. I'm going to reprogram the key at Honda dealership, this way the person who stole my key will not be able to access the car by remote, but he still have entry by using the key itself on the keyhole on the driver side. Any one have any suggestions to how to cover the key hole on the driver side or at least make it seem like its cover or plugged in someway? Changing the locks is out of budget range.
Old 10-09-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Honda civic 2013: HELP NEEDED!!!! Please and thank you!

I'm going to reprogram the key at Honda dealership,
Make sure to tell them to "erase all other keys", this way your old keys can't start the engine even if the thief does get in the car.

See if your insurance company will buy a set of locks.

Or buy just a door lock cylinder, it will come with new keys to fit it.
Changing the locks is out of budget range.
You sure? It's cheap IMO.
Coupe and sedan both use the same part#, you can buy the single outside door lock with new keys.
Part# 72185-TR0-A01, USD $35 from Majestic. ($50 retail)

Item #27 here (no pic, too new, 2012 is similar): http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...-+OUTER+HANDLE

You can remove and reinstall the lock assembly from the door handle in 2 minutes. Single bolt holds it in.
I'm not sure what it takes to swap the key cylinder set out of the cover, because I have not had to do it yet.

HTH