Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

AC of Honda Civic 2008 not working perfect

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sdraza1 is an unknown quantity at this point
AC of Honda Civic 2008 not working perfect

The AC of my car was working fine but all of a sudden, one day I noticed that cooling was much less. Before that time I used to turn the AC off when it was too cold inside but on that day I didn't turn it off through 40 km drive as it was just mildly cold inside. I went to a mechanic who pumped the AC gas and said there might be some leakage. I asked him whether he would do something for leaking too, he said what he was doing may also seal the leakage. I asked him if ac still doesn't work good then what? he said he would change the compressor. So bottom line is that whatever he did, didn;t help at all. now what should be my next step? what should I do? thanks a lot for everyone.
Old 08-09-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: AC of Honda Civic 2008 not working perfect

Was it extra humid that particular day that it didn't work as well? The AC is only going to drop the temp so much.
Old 08-09-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdraza1
he said what he was doing may also seal the leakage.
He may have ruined your AC system by doing so.

It's very likely it only had a stupid simple problem BEFORE this clown got hold of it.

We will not connect our AC recovery machine to any system that is known to have sealant in it. Our machine is worth more $$ than many of the cars we connect it to.
I asked him if ac still doesn't work good then what? he said he would change the compressor.
Wow.....WOW.
Fire the parts cannon!

Name:  SzALe.png
Views: 21
Size:  486.8 KB

So bottom line is that whatever he did, didn;t help at all. now what should be my next step? what should I do?
Seek out a professional who knows what they are doing.....but be prepared to be turned away. Some may help, some won't.

These cars have a couple of common issues that someone very familiar with the line should know about. But not all know.

Contrary to popular belief, not all AC problems are caused by "low freon".

Relevant quotes:

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur!"

"Sufficient ignorance is indistinguishable from malice."

/rant
Old 08-28-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
He may have ruined your AC system by doing so.

It's very likely it only had a stupid simple problem BEFORE this clown got hold of it.

We will not connect our AC recovery machine to any system that is known to have sealant in it. Our machine is worth more $$ than many of the cars we connect it to. Wow.....WOW.
Fire the parts cannon!

Seek out a professional who knows what they are doing.....but be prepared to be turned away. Some may help, some won't.

These cars have a couple of common issues that someone very familiar with the line should know about. But not all know.

Contrary to popular belief, not all AC problems are caused by "low freon".

Relevant quotes:

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur!"

"Sufficient ignorance is indistinguishable from malice."

/rant
Strangely the AC has started working OK without doing anything more, so what could have been the reason of poor working of AC? any idea? thanks
Old 08-28-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you didn't have recirculate turned on?

Too many possibilities to guess at.
Old 08-30-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Maybe you didn't have recirculate turned on?

Too many possibilities to guess at.
Weird things happen to me. Once my car's engine didn't stop when I turned the ignition switch to off position. It happened 2-3 times almost 6 months ago. One guy said it is a problem of ignition switch, other said it was due to remote starter problem which we got installed by a third party after buying the car. It then never happened again.