Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Noisy ac/heat blower

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
btbowden is an unknown quantity at this point
Noisy ac/heat blower

Hey guys, i just got a 2008 Civic EX. I later noticed that when i turn on the heat i hear a clicking sound from the blower. It is pretty annoying. Does it sound like a simple fix of just buying a new fan motor and switching it out? If so i plan to get the one listed below.

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine...0-SNA-A02.html
Old 12-15-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Noisy ac/heat blower

Drop the fan motor out (3 small bolts) and see if something is caught in the squirrel cage. Leaves and debris can drop in when the cabin filter is slid out.

If you don't see anything, then plug it in and turn it on for a second or two. If it still makes noise, then you will probably need the fan assembly. Reassemble and order parts.
Old 12-15-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
btbowden is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Noisy ac/heat blower

Originally Posted by ezone
Drop the fan motor out (3 small bolts) and see if something is caught in the squirrel cage. Leaves and debris can drop in when the cabin filter is slid out.

If you don't see anything, then plug it in and turn it on for a second or two. If it still makes noise, then you will probably need the fan assembly. Reassemble and order parts.
Thanks, it was the blower motor itself. I guess a bearing that went bad. I just ordered a new one off of the internet.