Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

b18b1 civic no spark. please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97civicb18 is an unknown quantity at this point
b18b1 civic no spark. please help!!

hello i have a 97 civic with a b18b1 . i bought the car a few months ago and it has ran fine up until about a week ago. when you were driving down the road it would start to act like it only running on 3 cylinders and would have no power. but then after about a mile it would go away and the car would fun perfect. but as the week went on it got worse and happened for longer periods of time so i figured i would check obvuise things like spark and fuel. well the fuel pump and fuel filter are good, and i had the car idling and i figured i would pull off plug wires one by one to see if i had a bad plug or wire.. well when i got to the last plug wire i pulled it off and the car died. and wouldnt start again. so then i checked spark and realized there was no spark at all on either of the cylinders. so i replaced cap/rotor and that didnt make a differance. so just for ***** i borrowed by friends distributer and that made no differnce either. it only got spark found about 3 secounds and barely ran.. i checked grounds and fuses and they all seem to be good... does anbody have a idea what it could be?? this car is my daily driver and i need to get it goin soon! so if anyone has ideas i would appreciate it
Old 01-19-2012
Registered!!

Re: b18b1 civic no spark. please help!!

cmon 62 views and nobody can help?????
Old 01-19-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

You replaced cap and rotor but did you replace the plug wires, and plug(s) also?
Old 01-19-2012
Registered!!

no i didnt but is it possible for the plugs and wires to all go bad at the same time? because there is no spark on any cylinder
Old 01-20-2012
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...ont-start.html

so you have no power at the distro? trace it further back..