Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2007 Honda Civic Si blower motor/lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
luda_tech is an unknown quantity at this point
2007 Honda Civic Si blower motor/lights

Hey,
My girlfriend drives an 07 Honda Civic Si and she's only had it for a few months. Recently on her way back from work, her left turn signal was illuminated on the dash and her blower motor wasn't kicking on. When she turned her headlights off, the blower motor kicked on instantly. She's told me about it multiple times but I recently seen it for myself the other day. It seems to occur only after it rains. I've seen blower motors do something like this before when they're about go out, when they get water in them and they work on the lower settings but not at full blast or a little below, but the issue with the lights being connected to the blower motor is completely throwing me off. Again, water plays a huge role in this as she washed her car last night and it was fine but this morning while she was on her way to work the blower motor wouldn't work again. It pushes air out but not a lot or even enough for you think it's on. I am completely uniformed about civics and figured this forum may point me in the right direction. Thank you for any help.
Old 12-26-2011
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2007 Honda Civic Si blower motor/lights

The left headlight, turn/side light, and the relay for the blower motor share a ground. A cluster of wires attached by a single bolt to the body sheetmetal.
Under the front of the car, looking to the drivers side from the middle: alongside the radiator area, drivers side, above the LF corner of the subframe.

There are other grounds all over the car that may be common too, but you didn't elaborate on if there were any other clues.
If I read the diagram correctly, this would affect the lights mentioned, and ONLY the blower motor (not the entire HVAC controls).
Old 12-26-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
The left headlight, turn/side light, and the relay for the blower motor share a ground. A cluster of wires attached by a single bolt to the body sheetmetal.
Under the front of the car, looking to the drivers side from the middle: alongside the radiator area, drivers side, above the LF corner of the subframe.

There are other grounds all over the car that may be common too, but you didn't elaborate on if there were any other clues.
If I read the diagram correctly, this would affect the lights mentioned, and ONLY the blower motor (not the entire HVAC controls).
Thank you for the reply. To elaborate, or give you more of a clue, I can only go off of what she has said thus far as I haven't had a chance to look at it. I think the ground you're referring to is the issue. She told me that yesterday when she was washing it that she sprayed up by her driver side headlight and her blower motor was on once she got back in the car. I'm thinking maybe this ground isn't getting good contact. Also, did you find the wiring diagram online, or on this site? Thank you again, and I fully understand if you respond with "use the search button" for a response in regards to the wiring diagram.
Old 12-26-2011

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luda_tech
did you find the wiring diagram online, or on this site?
I'm a dealer tech.
Factory supplied shop manuals, diagrams, and website.
Sorry, I cannot link or post my diagrams and info.
Occasionally I find things on the web and link them that way, but I will not link directly to the OEM website. You wouldn't be able to see them without a subscription anyway. Copyright stuff, you know.
Old 12-26-2011
Registered!!

Perfectly understandable. I graduated from an automotive technician school before enrolling in college and we weren't allowed to release similar information. Thank you for your help. I'll try to locate that ground and go from there.
Old 12-27-2011
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

This is one of 2009 from google....

Old 12-27-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Gunner

Thank you. I came across this one as well. This will offer help, but I was asking ezone about the wiring diagram that links the left headlight, left turn signal, and blower motor specifically. However, I'm just going to go through and check the ground he mentioned and all others in the area.
Old 12-27-2011

If you can get factory diagrams, it is Ground #G301. There is more stuff attached to the same ground point, but I was only looking for a common denominator (connection) between the two parts of the complaint.

The bolt that is ahead of the LF (drivers side) wheel and below the bumper in the posted pic, follow the dotted line to where that bolt goes. Should be a cluster of ground wires. I'm pretty sure you will need to be under the car to find it.

A big clue to look for is previous bodyshop work. They like to leave grounds loose, and attach them to painted surfaces. That doesn't always work real well.
Old 05-03-2014
New Guy Here

DMAN69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you ever find out what the issue was? I am having this same exact problem right now.