Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

ac trouble clutch wont come in

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rescue46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy ac trouble clutch wont come in

Just got my 1st civic si sedan and the ac did not cool, looked under hood and clutch was not kicking in.

1.put cheap gauge on low side had enough psi to come on
2.checked fuses but confusing did not see any marked for ac
3. same thing with relays so I bought one and replaced it hope it was for the ac
4. swapped relays around still no luck
5 jumped pressure sw low side kicked in and back out almost immediately but only once
6. tried the self diagnostic holding the recirculate rear defrost buttons turned key on light came on fan came on diff speeds oh also light on recirc button went off I assume no codes.
7. after moving relays around my engine light came on ad the vsc light befor I bought a new relay switched them back then installed new relay and pulled neg cable to clear lights have not moved relays since I put in new one.

The cooling fan comes on for few secs and goes off but still no clutch. I am so confused does anyone have pics of fuse and relay lay out or wiring schematic and is it ok to run 12v to the clutch to check coil?

sorry I am old mechanic and this stuff is new age don't want to damage anything if i haven't already by jumping pressure sw.

Please help older guy with SI 2007 100300mi.
Old 12-04-2011
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ac trouble clutch wont come in

Check your other post, I replied there.