General 8th & 9th Gen Got a question or want to post but it doesn't quite fall under any other topic? Post up here!

Help with 2010 Honda Civic

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TeamRoyal is an unknown quantity at this point
Help with 2010 Honda Civic

Okay first of all I am new to this site and this is probably my first post. Im 17 and I just bought my first car (2010 Honda Civic Sedan). I have a couple of questions.

What can I do to make my car sound louder? If I buy a bigger muffler will that help?

I want to tint my headlights and tailights. Is tint film better than tint spray? If I do tint the lights is there a certain percentage I have to go with so it can be legal? I live in NJ btw.

I also want to buy rims. My car has 16" alloy wheels. Do I have to buy 16" rims or can I buy 17", 18" etc? If I buy rims bigger than 16" that means I have to get the whole wheel and tire package that comes with the rims? If I do decide to buy the rims can I change them myself? I've changed tires in the past...is it the same thing?

I also want to add a spoiler to my car. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thank You!!!
Old 09-17-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough
Re: Help with 2010 Honda Civic

First dont go buy a fart can just to make your car louder. I dont see why people always want there cars loud. Its annoying to me. Go buy a catback exhaust to where it does something like give you some power a muffler will not do jack.
Second I am not a guy for tinting headlight and taillights on civics but to each his own. They are both about the same except with the film if you want it off then you can just peal it off. You cant do that with the spray unless you find something that can remove it.

And yes you can put bigger wheels on your car. You have to find the right bolt pattern on your car though. Are you 4 or 5 lug. And if you get bigger rims then you will have to even out the tires to be the same size all together as your older wheels. If your wheels and tires are bigger than your previous then your speedo will be wrong.
Old 09-17-2010
Registered!!

sam68 is an unknown quantity at this point

For the tire size use this http://miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html Just punch in the size you have now and it will calculate the tire size you will need to not screw up your speedo with your new 17-18" rims, and yes if you buy bigger rims you need new tires. As stated above dont F-up a nice new car buy a tasteful cat back exhaust that will sound good not just loud & obnoxious, use tint and find out your local laws. On that car just buy a stock spoiler they look the best IMO.

Last edited by sam68; 09-17-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-17-2010
Registered!!

Where can I buy catback exhaust? Is it easy to install or do I have to take it to a shop or something?
Old 09-17-2010
Registered!!

Also, I don't really mind if my car is loud or not. I just want to change the muffler because the one that it came with looks small which I don't like.

and I also heard that glass pack mufflers make your car sound a bit loud...true or what?

Last edited by TeamRoyal; 09-17-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-17-2010
Low and slow!

Originally Posted by TeamRoyal
Also, I don't really mind if my car is loud or not. I just want to change the muffler because the one that it came with looks small which I don't like.

and I also heard that glass pack mufflers make your car sound a bit loud...true or what?
Glass packs are fart cans and are retarded. They are extremely loud and sound like weed eaters. Do not get a fart can.

You can get alot of stuff for your car on corsport.com. This is a great site, I deal with it alot for my ep3. And putting the exhaust on is easy. Just have a jack and some jack stands and a simple socket set and your good. It will be real easy considering your car is a 2010 and there is no rust on it.
Old 09-19-2010
Registered!!

Also, Im gonna get blue lights in my car but I want my headlights and tailights to be tinted 20% you think that might cause a problem?
Old 09-20-2010
Registered!!

YueMa7493 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 02civicsi02
...If your wheels and tires are bigger than your previous then your speedo will be wrong.
Hey I have that problem, cuz it says im going 55 when It feels like im only going 45. And everytime I get on the free way that is 65 mph, I go along with my speedo and people passing me. SO ...
How do i fix this?
1.) Can i manually do this myself without special skills?
2.) Or will I have to take it in to a shop and have them adjust this error for me? (Hopefully they dont try to rip me off, so give me an estimate so I can bargain off of that if they try to high end my sh*t)

Last edited by YueMa7493; 09-20-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 09-20-2010
Low and slow!

Originally Posted by YueMa7493
Hey I have that problem, cuz it says im going 55 when It feels like im only going 45. And everytime I get on the free way that is 65 mph, I go along with my speedo and people passing me. SO ...
How do i fix this?
2.) Or will I have to take it in to a shop and have them adjust this error for me? (Hopefully they dont try to rip me off, so give me an estimate so I can bargain off of that if they try to high end my sh*t)
In post #3 there is a link to where you can mix and match to get the right size tires for your new rims to match the same size as your old rims. In the link you put your stock size tire then put in the other to figure out what works.
Old 09-20-2010
Registered!!

ohyeah is an unknown quantity at this point

tinted windows are generaly Ilegal for the front windows, but the back you can go limo if you want, but ask nearby cop station what the limits are, (dont tell them what you drive if they ask, thats just so tehy can trace you easyer and know that theirs gona be another car with such and such)
tinting headlights/taillights, Dont spray like it was said earlyer altough if done nice it looks awsome, but hard to remove, use a film tint or smtin like that
spoiler? theirs countless spoilers... bodykits.com has many, they have bodykits too lol, they have awsome stuff and i find their price not bad,
exaust, if you want a nice sound make it custom, buy a 15 foot long stainless steel T304 or 306, 1"3/4 to 2"1/4 , go to a place they have a pipe bender, make them fit it, and at the end buy a masterflow, flowtech, or something like that for a muffler, NOT a fartcan, and make it dual exaust ;P

Always make sure you do NOT compromise your back pressure too much but going too big on your exhaust, (you can still also buy a full catback exhaust system somwheres with headers , full system like that can actualy give you up to 50HP, depending on the type you get and how it was engeneered

i did that and it sounds WICKED, not crispy, not loud, not quiet, jut a perfect purr , trust me thats what i have on right now and EVERYONE turns around to see whats that sound and i get ALOT of nice coments

rims, on a 2010 civic i beleive you can put 18 inch rims, uhh... for tires on them i suggest a good brand that the rubby is hard, (lasts longer) grip isnt as powerfull as soft rubber tough, soft rupper will grip like a **** but wont last over a year,
for size im not sure... i have 17" rims with 215/45/17 , (if the roads has cracks/potholes) try to have it thicker ( middle number ) it will protect your rim from damage if you hit a hole or smting, (not 100% protection but much beter than slimer tires) slimmer looks beter but more risky

for your spedometer, well.. i have a 03 civic with 17 inchs and my speddometer is okay, but if you think or Know its not rightm local mechanic can fix it, and i doubt they can rip you off with something that simple, it aint a half a day job and its not supose to cost over 100$, unless i just have such a miraculous garage ;P anyway, Good Luck with your new civic, (try to not do any mods that would void your warrenty on the car)
if you change exhaust and need to go at honda for something, (put teh old one back, make sure you keep that option just in case)

well thats my knowledge and opinions if im rong somwheres please corect it somone have a nice ride on taht civic bud
Old 09-20-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,199 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by YueMa7493
How do i fix this?
put the right tire size in your car. That's all...
02civicsi02 is just trying to be nice to you... You most likely have the wrong tire size. Is all...