Archive - Vehicles for Sale/Wanted This is a combined subforum for all Civics for sale and wanted. It is up to the buyer to inspect the vehicle before finalizing the purchase.

WTB - Civic EX/LX

Old 09-10-2011
Deer Huntin' Hippy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bubble is an unknown quantity at this point
WTB - Civic EX/LX

First time poster here.

My 17 year old son is lookin' for his first car, and is DEAD SET on a silver or black Civic, either 2dr or 4dr., AUTOMATIC TRANS, PW, PL, A/C, preferably ACCIDENT-FREE, (no hatchback). Been searching Craigslist/ebay/etc. for a couple of weeks, with no luck (it's truly amazing how many people misrepresent their Civics, OMFG...). Have seen some junk/abused/neglected cars. Now it's time to look at something that's been properly maintained. I figured if an owner was interested enough in their Civic to join a Civic Forum, they are interested enough to FREAKIN' MAINTAIN IT, know what I mean? (if I didn't know better, I'd think ALL Civics leak oil & shift with a knock, between first & second gears).

I personally am intrigued by the HX's, but don't know enough about them, so I am not sure we'd go that route. My (Honda, of course) Silver Wing is CVT, so I know how they operate, in principle, but not necessarily in a car).

Anyways, I would prefer if it were completely stock, and I realize that I may have come to the wrong place for THAT , but thought I'd try here anyhow.

We are located between Allentown & Reading PA, but I work near Lansdale. So if anyone knows of a WELL MAINTAINED, close-to-stock silver or black Civic that is priced near $5,000, feel free to let me know. For that amount, I am figuring that we could expect something in the 1998-2002 range, with maybe 125,000 to 150,000 miles. Does this sound reasonable?

I'd probably be willing to travel perhaps 50 miles from home to buy, but closer to home is ALWAYS better. Free time is sparse, so this may require a sick day to accomplish, hehehe.

Unfortunately, my job is being a pain in the butt, by makin' me work 12 hour days, seven days a week (for now), so my attention to this forum may be sporadic. But I will check in at least once a day, probably later at night, as I have a 1 hour commute, in each direction, also.

My kid has worked his fast food gig for long enough, that he's saved up enough cash for a decent down payment, and DAD will make up the rest, so the funds are completely instantly available (no loans required).

A free & clear title would be a HUGE PLUS, too.

We are NOT looking for a STEAL, and are NOT looking to be taken advantage of either. Just a ROCK-SOLID Civic for a FAIR price. Perfect scratch-free paint is not required, but mostly DENT-FREE would be nice.

Thanks for any leads towards the kids' teenage heaven...he's earned it. If he were here, he'd be doin' this...

PS: If any of the long-time posters here can offer any opinions on our search, including links to info on these year cars/what to look out for/HX's/etc, PLEASE DO. Normally, I am a very self-sufficient & resourceful guy, but working long hours kind of kills that buzz, if ya know what I mean.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by bubble; 09-10-2011 at 09:26 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 09-12-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WTB - Civic EX/LX

I'm going to let this live due to a PM from the OP. I hope the other mods do as well
Old 09-26-2011
Registered!!

SpazticTwitch is an unknown quantity at this point

I know you said he's looking Black/Silver but I figured I would throw it out to you. I've got a 2001 Civic LX coupe in Clover Green, practically stock. I just broke 110,000 miles last week. The car is not in perfect condition since its going on 10 years, but I like to think I take good care of it. Everyone tells me I'm crazy about my car, so maybe that's a good sign.
I wanted a black civic SI when I was in high school too, and all my friend got them so I was glad to stand out with the green. If your interested I will get you more info and some pictures. I've loved this car for over four years as it was my first car, but its time to move on and it would be great to pass it on to another kid who can appreciate it as much as I did.
Old 09-27-2011
Registered!!

jcemcp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SpazticTwitch
I know you said he's looking Black/Silver but I figured I would throw it out to you. I've got a 2001 Civic LX coupe in Clover Green, practically stock. I just broke 110,000 miles last week. The car is not in perfect condition since its going on 10 years, but I like to think I take good care of it. Everyone tells me I'm crazy about my car, so maybe that's a good sign.
I wanted a black civic SI when I was in high school too, and all my friend got them so I was glad to stand out with the green. If your interested I will get you more info and some pictures. I've loved this car for over four years as it was my first car, but its time to move on and it would be great to pass it on to another kid who can appreciate it as much as I did.
I have a 2003 Honda Civic Ex, black with lightly tinted windows, stock everything except a high quality cd changer/am/fm stereo with Ipod integration and bluetooth link up to phones for hands free calling. It currently has approx. 145,000miles. I am the only owner of the car. The miles are highway miles and if this sounds like it could be what you are looking for, I can take and send pictures. Runs great, sounds great, no mechanical problems ever. There are a few scratches, most of them will buff out. I really need to make this a quick sale. $4,500 would be my asking price and I already know I will be willing to go lower depending on how quickly it can be sold. I would cover shipping charges. I would sell it through ebay in which you pay them and then have a few days to drive it around. If accept it, I get paid. If you don't you can send it back free of charge. If it would need to be returned, Please contact me so I can see if we need to lower the price a bit for you to be happy to keep the car. Please email me at jeremyericksonmcp@hotmail.com.
Old 10-02-2011
Deer Huntin' Hippy

<Originally Posted by SpazticTwitch
I wanted a black civic SI when I was in high school too, and all my friend got them so I was glad to stand out with the green. If your interested I will get you more info and some pictures. I've loved this car for over four years as it was my first car, but its time to move on and it would be great to pass it on to another kid who can appreciate it as much as I did.>

Where is this car located?
Old 10-02-2011
Deer Huntin' Hippy

<I have a 2003 Honda Civic Ex, black with lightly tinted windows, stock everything except a high quality cd changer/am/fm stereo with Ipod integration and bluetooth link up to phones for hands free calling. It currently has approx. 145,000miles. I am the only owner of the car. The miles are highway miles and if this sounds like it could be what you are looking for, I can take and send pictures. Runs great, sounds great, no mechanical problems ever. There are a few scratches, most of them will buff out. I really need to make this a quick sale. $4,500 would be my asking price and I already know I will be willing to go lower depending on how quickly it can be sold. I would cover shipping charges. I would sell it through ebay in which you pay them and then have a few days to drive it around. If accept it, I get paid. If you don't you can send it back free of charge. If it would need to be returned, Please contact me so I can see if we need to lower the price a bit for you to be happy to keep the car. Please email me at jeremyericksonmcp@hotmail.com.>

Let me guess...you are a Nigerian prince looking to pay me a million dollars to help you solve some international issue...