Archive - Vehicles for Sale/Wanted This is a combined subforum for all Civics for sale and wanted. It is up to the buyer to inspect the vehicle before finalizing the purchase.

FS (NJ): 2001 Civic EX Coupe - modded - PARTING OUT, SEE PARTS FOR SALE

Old 09-02-2013
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
icedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really nice
FS (NJ): 2001 Civic EX Coupe - modded - PARTING OUT, SEE PARTS FOR SALE

Selling my 2001 EM2. I am the second owner, purchased from DCH Brunswick Toyota in North Brunswick in July 2004. It had approx. 33,000 at purchase. It was paid off in August of 2009, so title is in hand. It is daily driven, but round trip to and from work is under 20 miles, so mileage will go up slightly. Price is $4,250 OBO. Overall condition is 7/10. Please read the entire post, as it is very detailed.

Exterior condition: 6/10

Good: Sheet metal is free of any major issues including rust, except for two ¼ inch spots just above the driver's side door, on the roofline.
Bad: Car has expected small dents & scrapes of a 12 year old car. Front bumper has clear coat peeling in a couple spots. Car was caught in a mild hailstorm way back in 2004. No glass was damaged, but both hood and trunk lid show signs of hail damage. It is best seen at a viewing angle in line with the car, and hood has more dings than trunk. It didn't bother me, so I never replaced it, and at the time, was not covered by insurance.

Misc: Weathertech window visors, and rear window visor installed. Rear taillights upgraded to 2004-2005 version. 35% tint on rear and quarter windows, done at Auto Image on Route 1. Also have Mugen-style front lip and Type A side lips to throw in if buyer wants. Front lip has a crack on the bottom, and all lips are not installed on the car currently. Spray can painted with eternal blue pearl to match car.

Interior condition: 8/10
Good: Dashboard, console, and rear seats are in very good condition. Upgraded front leather seats from a 2004 RSX Type S. Custom leather shift boot from Redline Goods.
Bad: Headliner adhesive has worn at each end of the car. It does hang down a couple inches, but unobtrusive to driving. Aforementioned leather seats showing good wear, especially on outside side bolsters. Driver's side has more wear, and both might be up for a reupholster. Lumbar support and bolstering still good. They have been treated with Meguiar's leather cleaner though every month, and kept away from direct sunlight when at all possible.

Mechanical Condition: 9/10
Car runs still runs strong, no smoke. All major maintenance was done between 90,000 & 95,000 miles, including timing belt. Transmission was fully re-built in May 2009 by TAB Transmissions in Edison. Headgasket was replaced in June 2011, along with other normal maintenance. Greddy exhaust was also installed at that time. Oil changes done every 5,000 miles, and have done constant checks bi-weekly to top off when necessary. Engine does not leak oil, but goes through it quicker.
Misc: Short shift kit from Revo is installed, along with heavier RSX shift ****. Stock shifter will be included. AEM short ram intake installed; stock air intake will be included.

Suspension/Wheels/Tires:
Car is on Tein Super Street Coilovers, since 2009. Adjustable dampers are set to middle of stiff and soft. Left rear strut may have an issue, as there is a slight noise coming from it. Two other notable things: there is a metal rubbing sound that is heard only in cold weather. I had the shop take a look, and they haven't found anything significant; I think it's the brake dust shields rubbing. Also, during heavy rain storms, right front wheel well area begins to vibrate. I haven't been able to decipher what it might be. It has never lost control or grip when this occurs.
Other upgrades include SPC front & rear camber kit, 19mm rear sway bar off an RSX, and Neuspeed front upper strut bar. Stock suspension will be included. Wheel and tire setup is rare 5-spoke Honda Factory Performance 16in wheels on 205/55/16 Nitto NeoGen all-season tires; still has decent amount of tread left; very slight curb rash on two of the wheels.
Brakes:
Front brakes have been upgraded with Powerslot slotted rotors. Goodrich stainless steel break lines have also been installed. Front pads were replaced April 2012, approx. 10,000 miles ago.

Electronics/Audio/Lighting:
All 4 speakers plus tweeters upgraded to Rockford-Fosgate Punch; car still wired for amp and sub, but not included. All stock audio components will be included. Stock radio will be put back in before sale. Pioneer 700BT navi/Bluetooth unit will NOT be included unless worked out with buyer. Interior map and dome lights upgraded with LEDs. Front parking light bulbs also upgraded to LEDs.
Retrofit and APEXI VFAC-II vtec controller will NOT be included in sale unless worked out with buyer.
Bad: Key-fob DOES NOT work; changed battery, but something must be wrong with transmitter. Fog lights are installed, but not connected, and both have been punctured by rocks.

I just had the driver and passenger side airbag recalls serviced at Open Road Honda in Edison.

I have most, if not all of the receipts since my ownership started in 2004. Most of the work has been done at Kenny & Billy's Service Shop on Route 27 in Iselin, or at Ding's Auto Repair in Jersey City.

I wanted to keep it looking stock, but different, and I think I accomplished a clean look. That being said, I completely understand that there are some cosmetic issues with the car, but with the amount of upgrades totaling over $3,500, I am listing it at this price.

This is an AS-IS sale, but clean title in hand. Cash ONLY. Still in the process of buying a new car, so please understand I won't be able to part with this immediately.

I'm never on here anymore, so email me for more info/questions/pictures: coco(DOT)anthonyj(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Thanks.
-Anthony
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_4389.jpg (101.4 KB, 13 views)
IMG_4390.jpg (96.4 KB, 11 views)
IMG_4393.jpg (94.6 KB, 6 views)
IMG_4399.jpg (77.3 KB, 9 views)
IMG_4400.jpg (64.2 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by icedcoco; 09-28-2013 at 06:29 PM.