Archive - Parts for Sale Here you can list your parts for sale

FS: 4300K "Rising White" CATZ HID Kit

Old 06-09-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scott2055 is an unknown quantity at this point
FS: 4300K "Rising White" CATZ HID Kit

I recently sold my car and I removed the HID kit before the sale. It's a CATZ H4 4300K (the bulb color is blue on startup and then becomes pure white) Hi-Low kit. What this means is that you won't lose your high beams like you do with most HID kits. This kit uses a solenoid to retract the bulb further into the housing when the high-beams are activated; thus giving you a wider field of light.

The kit retailed new for $610 but you are no longer allowed to buy aftermarket HID kits in the United States. I used this kit for about 1/2 a year and would like to sell it for $350 + shipping (shouldn't be too much; the kit is light.)

Included in the kit are 2 HID bulbs, 2 Ballasts, 2 Igniters, 1 Hi-Low controller, and all necessary wiring. All components are manufactured by CATZ and are OEM equipment in Japan.

I will psot pictures of the kit as well as what the light output was like on my old car ASAP (probably by Thursday.)

Last edited by Scott2055; 06-09-2004 at 12:17 AM.
Old 06-09-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
if you want AFTERMARKET HIDs, these are the kind to get! Catz or Philips
Old 06-09-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Very interested. Is the install easy to do? Does it last a long time, and were you using them in the OEM headlights? Were you able to aim them properly so people don't flash you all the time? Thanks
Old 06-09-2004
Registered!!

The install is medium difficulty. The directions come witha horrible english translation so I basically used the wiring diagram exclusively. It was fairly simple to sort out what went where and ever connection is unique (meaning every plug is a different size so it only plugs into one socket; no chance of messing up.) I was using these in the stock headlights and the light output was AWESOME. I would suggest parking 15ft. from a flat wall and marking where the stock headlights cut off. After installing the HID's, go back to this wall and re-aim the HID's to the same, or a little below this line.

The hardest part of the install was finding mounting locations for the ballasts and igniters. I'll be glad to tell you where I put these if you need help.
Old 06-09-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
btw, Those who are interested....

Remember that these are now considered, "Illegal".

Because of this, If one of the bulbs ever blew, you would have to buy some cheap bulbs because, high quality HID bulbs are no longer made.
Old 06-09-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Nobody has bulbs on the net anymore? Where would you at least find cheap ones? And my headlight aim is pretty off right now anyway, so I'll need to find a place and aim them again.
Old 06-09-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ImPulse
btw, Those who are interested....

Remember that these are now considered, "Illegal".

Because of this, If one of the bulbs ever blew, you would have to buy some cheap bulbs because, high quality HID bulbs are no longer made.
Exactly, that's why it's important to buy a high quality kit (Phillips, CATZ) to ensure that you won't blow the lights themselves, or the wiring in your headlights. These lights are rated for "lifetime" use (60,000 hours i believe).

If you guys want to read up on HIDs before you buy them, check out www.hidforum.com - lots of great info.
Old 06-09-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
Nobody has bulbs on the net anymore? Where would you at least find cheap ones? And my headlight aim is pretty off right now anyway, so I'll need to find a place and aim them again.
I don't know of any place to buy bulbs right now; every place that DID carry them no longer does. You may be able to find some overseas, but selling them within the United States is illegal.
Old 06-09-2004
Premium Member

So it's pretty much just plugging stuff in and mounting the ignitors somewhere? Sounds simple to install. I'll probably get these once you put pics up.
Old 06-09-2004
Registered!!

Exactly. It's pretty basic stuff,. Like I said, the hardest part was finding mountin locations. Also, in relation to mounting, I used industrial strength Velco to mount mine in leiu of screws because i did not want to put holes in the body of the car. I'll give you both the Velco and screw plates so you can decide to do it either way.
Old 06-09-2004
Premium Member

Cool. Only worry is if the bulb blows and I can't find another one. I'll check the pics tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-09-2004
Registered!!

AlienX will become famous soon enough
Get them from Canada
Old 06-09-2004
I am your Mom's Hero!!

KnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really nice
^^That is what my buddy did...bought his whole kit in Canada!! I was gonna suggest it, but ya beat me to it!
Old 06-09-2004
Premium Member

AlienX, can you hook me up?
Old 06-09-2004
Registered!!

dacivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea saw a Catz HID kit(from japan) for 550CND tax in in first markham place(markham, ON). But this one is still cheaper though and I can't remember if that kit was one beam or dual beam. If your bulb blew I bet you can get a replacement from that shop(that guy is a Japanese and he can help you order any jap parts you need)
Old 06-10-2004
Registered!!

Pics will be up tomorrow afternoon.
Old 06-10-2004
Premium Member

Cool. If I get it, it needs to arrive here sometime next week. After that, I'll be gone for a week. Can you find out when if you ship it Thurs or Fri? Thanks. My zip is 61801 in Urbana, Illinois.
Old 06-10-2004
Registered!!

I took some pics:

Here is the whole kit...

Here is the box and HID bulbs....

Here are the Balasts and Igniters...

Here is the High/Low Control Unit....

And finally the installation instructions...

Some pics of the light output....
LOW BEAM

HIGH BEAM

I will get the shipping quote tomorrow.

Last edited by Scott2055; 06-10-2004 at 11:53 PM.
Old 06-10-2004
Premium Member

Thanks man, I'll get them. If you can ship and have them get here next week sometime, that will work. Otherwise I can still pay and just have you ship them a couple weeks from now when I get back.

Can't see the last two pics...

Last edited by gearbox; 06-10-2004 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-10-2004
Registered!!

Fixed (i hope).
Old 06-10-2004
Premium Member

I see it. Nice and bright. Let me know on the shipping, and do you take paypal payment?
Old 06-11-2004
Registered!!

Yes, PayPal is fine. I'm going to get you the shipping quotes and ETA's tomorrow.
Old 06-11-2004
Premium Member

Awesome. Thanks again...
Old 06-11-2004
Registered!!

huyqvu is an unknown quantity at this point
with the catz in oem headlight housing, does it have a flat cutoff line?
Old 06-11-2004
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
No HIDs in a oem non-HID housing will have a flat cutoff line like you see in other non-projector oem HID cars such as the IS300 or LS430.
But you will notice a big difference in brightness.
Old 06-11-2004
Registered!!

carbonrevo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
yea

If you take it 350 shipped to zip code 77036 it will be MINE
Old 06-11-2004
/////ALPINE

thom has a spectacular aura aboutthom has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ImPulse
if you want AFTERMARKET HIDs, these are the kind to get! Catz or Philips

scott and impulse are setting us up.
Old 06-11-2004
Premium Member

What's that supposed to mean? Catz is one of the best for hid lights, and I think Impulse knows what he's talking about as well.
Old 06-11-2004
Registered!!

BopMeeh can only hope to improve
whats the dif between 1 beam and dual?
Old 06-11-2004
Premium Member

Well this one comes with low and high beam. Alot of kits only come in low. So with this one, it should work just like the stock bulbs.

Quick Reply: FS: 4300K "Rising White" CATZ HID Kit