Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

01 honda civic starter solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MjPaperstacks is an unknown quantity at this point
01 honda civic starter solenoid

Hello, new to the forum and not great with vehicles but I have some knowledge. But my starter solenoid died. Have to push and pop to start everytime and it's not fun at all, especially since I have to be to work at 3am. Is there a site or store that sells just the solenoid? And how would I know which one is the right one? Shows a bunch of results and says they all fit my vehicle but yet they all look different? Any help would be much appreciated! ! Thank you!!
Old 09-26-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 01 honda civic starter solenoid

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...OR+%28DENSO%29

#9 on the diagram. $72 + shipping. Majestic Honda is in RI

Hondapartsunlimited.com (out of AZ) is better if you're west coast
Old 09-26-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

But my starter solenoid died. Have to push and pop to start everytime
A $3 test light could help prove if the solenoid is or isn't the problem.

I'd suspect the rubber pad for the starter safety switch on the clutch pedal broke apart.
Old 09-26-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MjPaperstacks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
A $3 test light could help prove if the solenoid is or isn't the problem.

I'd suspect the rubber pad for the starter safety switch on the clutch pedal broke apart.
how do I check the rubber pad starter safety switch on clutch??
Old 09-26-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

First use a test light to test if the starter is or is not at fault.

Locate the starter safety switch at the clutch pedal...no, not that one....look up higher......see if the plunger of the switch has no pad to contact.

Are there bits of broken rubber or plastic on the floor under the pedals, or maybe a disc the size of a penny only thicker?