Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Aftermarket radio issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clevver is an unknown quantity at this point
Aftermarket radio issues

Recently got an aftermarket radio and speakers installed in my 2012 Civic. When I started my car up one day a couple weeks ago my air wasn't working and the volume control on my steering wheel wasn't working. The second time this happened, a few days ago, I had the same issues but now the clock display next to the odometer is off as well. When I start the car it works for about 10 seconds and then the screen goes black. Both times after leaving the car off for 30 minutes or so and restarting it, everything works just fine. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I don't know anything about cars, so being able to tell my installer what's wrong would be helpful. Thank you.
Old 04-01-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mikeyyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Aftermarket radio issues

I have the same year civic and had a an aftermarket radio and speakers installed also.

Unless they installed a adaptor to be able to use your steering wheel controls you won't be able to use them at all for any radio functions.

As for your other issues, just explain it to them and maybe ask them to double check that no wire got cut or pinched, otherwise you're gonna have to go to the dealer
Old 04-01-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aftermarket radio issues

the clock display next to the odometer is off as well. When I start the car it works for about 10 seconds and then the screen goes black.
Might pull the IMID display and unplug/reconnect its wire harnesses a couple times on the off chance it's terminal fretting causing the problem.

I'd kinda expect it to need a replacement IMID display though.