Problems with AC - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-31-2016   #1
Registered!!

GreatSc0tt is an unknown quantity at this point
Problems with AC

Hello all.

I have a 2010 civic. Last summer my AC started working on and off. I got through the summer. This year it wasn't working at all. So I bough a recharge kit. After doing the recharge it worked for a day or so.

I decided to take it to a local shop. They took all of 2 mins and looked at it and told me it was the compressor and about 1500 bucks to fix.

Next day I was into Honda to get an oil filter and decided to tell the guy at the counter. He told me it probably not the compressor but more likely the clutch and coil. He told me bring it in and they would take a look. After doing so they informed me it was indeed the clutch and coil.

I ordered the clutch and coil and had it fixed. He replaced the parts and recharged The system. It did the exact same thing. Worked for about a day and now only pumps out warm air.

I am at a lost. Is it the compressor or is something else going on?

Thanks
GreatSc0tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016   #2
Where's that music coming from?

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Problems with AC

What brand clutch relay does it have?
ezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016   #3
Registered!!

GreatSc0tt is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Problems with AC

I think I have it figured out. Was able to move the green wire that goes to the clutch and that engaged the compressor and I have cold air. Now to get it replaced is the next step
GreatSc0tt is offline   Reply With Quote