Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Wiring Harness

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LoganWon is an unknown quantity at this point
Wiring Harness

I bought a 2012 Honda Civic Hybrid with 25,000 miles on it. Ran great at first. Then would not start. Took back to dealer, ran great for a while then won't start again. Now my warranty is over and the dealer tells me my wiring harness is bad and they will fix it for $3,100. Like that would ever happen!

When you push down on the fuse box sometimes the car will start. I don't want to get into replacing all the electrical wires if I can help it. Is there a way to just replace part of the wiring harness? Like th fuse box for example or is the harness one full complete unit. Any replies would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old 10-05-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wiring Harness

You could take the time to figure out what exactly is making or breaking connection when you push on the fusebox.

Any connector not fully clicked in place?
Old 10-05-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LoganWon is an unknown quantity at this point

The dealer said they did all that, but your right, I should check their work, because we all know a car dealer would never lie!
Old 10-06-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by LoganWon
I bought a 2012 Honda Civic Hybrid with 25,000 miles on it. Ran great at first. Then would not start. Took back to dealer, ran great for a while then won't start again. Now my warranty is over and the dealer tells me my wiring harness is bad and they will fix it for $3,100. Like that would ever happen!

When you push down on the fuse box sometimes the car will start. I don't want to get into replacing all the electrical wires if I can help it. Is there a way to just replace part of the wiring harness? Like th fuse box for example or is the harness one full complete unit. Any replies would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
My brother had a similar issue on his R1, with a bad connection that commonly burns out, he decided to bypass the wire and run it around the connector instead of replacing the $150+ dealer only connector.