Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Besides Apple products, what MP3 players work on USB?

Old 06-15-2014
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CivicLXinLBC is an unknown quantity at this point
Besides Apple products, what MP3 players work on USB?

Hi all,

I have a 2014 Civic LX sedan with the USB port in the center storage compartment. I want to buy an inexpensive MP3 player for it, to use in addition to my iPhone.

Other than iPods and simple flash drives, what brands are compatible? Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
skeeterjones (05-16-2022)
Old 06-15-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Besides Apple products, what MP3 players work on USB?

Just curious, why wouldn't you use your iPhone?
Old 06-15-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Not everything is compatible. Pick something and check this link (maybe it will help you) to see if it is compatible or not.

http://automobiles.honda.com/handsfreelink/
Old 06-15-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Not everything is compatible. Pick something and check this link (maybe it will help you) to see if it is compatible or not.
Looks like that's for the Bluetooth. I'm looking for a compatible player to hook up to the USB. Thanks, though

Originally Posted by GolNat
Just curious, why wouldn't you use your iPhone?
Mostly to have extra capacity (8GB-16GB) that I can load up and leave in the car. I thought about just getting a flash drive, but you can't browse around with those. A cheap little player like a Sansa or Creative would fill the bill nicely. Or maybe a used iPod Nano...
Old 06-15-2014

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

How about this one
http://owners.honda.com/vehicles/inf...14/Civic-Coupe

I know there are plenty of issues with incompatible devices in all of the newer cars, I just can't find the right website links at the moment.
I don't use them much, most of this type of situation is handled by one of the younger service advisors at our store.
Old 06-15-2014

Wait a sec.....got it.

See your owners manual. Page 232 (sedan) has an ipod, iphone, and USB flash drive compatibility list.
Old 06-15-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Wait a sec.....got it.

See your owners manual. Page 232 (sedan) has an ipod, iphone, and USB flash drive compatibility list.
I saw that, too, on page 232. Unfortunately, the manual is pretty vague. (Vague as in they don't list any non-Apple brands at all.)

I was able to use a Sandisk flash drive with no issues, so maybe I'll try their Sansa Clip player. I also noticed they didn't specify any particular generations of the iPod Touch or Nano, so maybe I'll try an older, used one of those if the Sansa doesn't work.

If anyone here has used the Sansa Clip successfully, please let me know.
Old 05-16-2022
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skeeterjones is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also interested in this answer, I did have some ipod shuffle knock off that worked but accidently spilled coffee on it now I am looking for something to replace it, any feedback would be great. I have a 2009 honda civic
Old 05-16-2022
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Should be able to just use any usb flash drive