Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

help

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
joyboy390 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation help

ok so i am 20 years old and recently got a 1997 honda civic ex coupe and i love it. i am going out of town in two days and am living in an apartment complex that has had alot of car break ins and thefts. none of my friends can take my car as they have no room for it and no one will be here to watch my car. one friend suggested that i remove the brain of my car so it wont be able to run but would not tell me how to do so... ive looked all over the internet but i have found nothing that will help me with my problem and then another friend suggested i join a forum. so here i am i need help and need it fast because this is A.) my only car and B.) ive wanted this car for a long time and i am slowly working on restoring it and getting her ready to race. so please if anyone knows anything that can help it would really nice. thanks
Old 11-17-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: help

Originally Posted by joyboy390
ok so i am 20 years old and recently got a 1997 honda civic ex coupe and i love it. i am going out of town in two days and am living in an apartment complex that has had alot of car break ins and thefts.
Remove the stereo. Let the air out of the tires and break a window out so it looks like someone already stole the good stuff out of it and the car is junk.

one friend suggested that i remove the brain of my car so it wont be able to run but would not tell me how to do so..
Disable it so the engine can't start, that's all there is to it.

That could be darn near anything from pulling out important fuses or disconnect the distributor wiring so it can't start, or just remove the battery completely and take it inside.

The "brain" is the PCM, it is behind the RF kick panel. I'd just unplug it and put the kick panel cover back on if I were going to go that route.

You can google for pics of '97 civic PCM location' if you really want to find it.

Someone would have to REALLY want your car before they open the hood to see why they can't start it (time is their enemy). If someone really wanted a car that bad, they would be using a tow truck to steal it.

HTH
Old 12-05-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gilbert991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: help

My suggestion is that wiring,and electric system wiring is very danger work and get granted battery are do good work in your car but i have no idea what type of car you have.