Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

2001 civic LX cruise not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
embry1123 is an unknown quantity at this point
2001 civic LX cruise not working

Good morning, Gentlemen,

I am a newbie here on this site and am hoping someone can lead in the right direction. My son recently bought an 01 civic LX 4dr automatic. Nice car. The cruise doesn't work and we have already replaced the usual culprits. We changed the brake switch and also the main switch in the dash. The light comes on in the main switch and also illuminates on the dash when you press the "set" button at highway speeds, however the cruise system will not maintain speed. It simply acts as if you have done nothing to set it. The car does not have LED tail lights either, I have read those can sometimes create an issue with the cruise. We have also checked the cable from the cruise unit under the hood and it is attached on both ends and seems to be well adjusted. Any help and ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Old 08-21-2012
Registered!!

alexvirt is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2001 civic LX cruise not working

Recently I got similar problem with cruise control at my 2003 Civic. Now it is unstable. What I learned from people at other forum - either cruise controller or actuator (under the hood) is faulty. There are procedures to check wiring and determine are there faulty components. In my case it did not help since sometimes it works but sometimes it doesn't.
Old 08-31-2012
Registered!!

hamptonbay is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2001 civic LX cruise not working

I've recently begun to experience issues with my 2001 Civic LX cruise control. The issue is that the cruise turns itself off, most notably when hitting slight bumps on the highway. After it shuts itself off, I can sometimes turn it back on after waiting a bit (~1 min), and other times it won't turn back on until after stopping and restarting the car. Occasionally it shuts down even without any noticeable bumps in the road.