Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Help with 2001 Civic LX stereo

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Telaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Help with 2001 Civic LX stereo

So a few years back I had the factory stereo in my girl's 2000 Honda Accord replaced with a nice deck with CD, iPod input etc. I held on to the factory stereo from this car since it fits nicely in the spot where the broken stereo from my 2001 Honda Civic was residing at the time.

First question is, should the factory stereo from the Accord be usable... i.e. are there any anti-theft mechanisms or any reason why it should not be able to be connected to power and speakers and play sounds.

Assuming that stereo still works leads me to what I need help with, which is getting it to work in my car, the 2001 Honda Civic LX.

I have some pictures I can post but there is one connector that fits into the stereo that is modular and there is the plug for the antennae. That is all I have been able to figure out so far. Which is next to nothing since I plug those two into the stereo and nothing happens. No power when the car is turned on at all. When I took out the stereo that was in this car when I bought it, which was aftermarket and crummy, it looked like the power had to be rigged in a creative manner. There was definitely a wire or perhaps a pair of wires going to a splice with a fuse inside. This was an aftermarket stereo. So, my hope is that part of my problem is just going to be finding those wires again because they must be power. My theory is that the aftermarket stereo that was put in by the first owner did not take the standard Honda center console connectors and the people that installed it removed some wires from the modular assembly to get power... the same assembly pictured which, I have shoved into my stereo all ***** nilly hoping for results.

I really have no clue what I am talking about as you may or may not be able to tell. If anyone wants to make a suggestion on where I should start to diagnose this let me know. My end goal is to get this stereo working with the hope that when I get some money together I can get a nicer system and put it in myself smoothly. Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	83100   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_1.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	83101   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	83102   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_3.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	83103   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_4.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	83104  

Old 04-18-2012
\m_ Hawaiian _m/

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
molokaidiver is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Help with 2001 Civic LX stereo

question, if you put the factory stereo back in, does it turn on? if it doesn't, then it's not a guarantee solution but try checking the fuse for the radio. i'm not sure where it's located (either under the hood or under the dash)...but it sounds like the same problem i came across when trying to hook up a friend's deck...all the wires were connected correctly but as soon as i turned the car on, the deck didn't turn on...i didn't realize it until afterwards that the fuse might've burnt out at some point...like i said, it's not a guarantee solution but it's a good place to start...and if it still doesn't work then the only wires you would need to trace is the power, ground, and accessory wire...