Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

subwoofer blown? or just a piece?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gen6ex is an unknown quantity at this point
subwoofer blown? or just a piece?

ive had this sub in my trunk for months. it started out and it was a great sub. but im thinking that its kinda old and maybe just needs to be changed for a new one. ive been having wiring issues and ive got those all sorted out and now its just got a light buzz all the time. i dont really want to go back to the guy whos worked on it for me previously... he blew my first amp and i just dont really feel like throwing down another 150 for a new one. so... im sure someone out here knows something. so help me out please
Old 10-11-2009
Registered!!

vsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: subwoofer blown? or just a piece?

A light buzzing could indicate a couple of things, but generally if the sub was blown you would know. It would sound like absolute ****.

If your power wire is running too close to the speaker wire you could be picking up noise that way. Power wire and RCA wires should always be run on opposite sides of the car.

What make/model of sub and amp are you running?
Old 10-15-2009
Registered!!

gen6ex is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: subwoofer blown? or just a piece?

well the wires being too close could be the problem seeing how the guy who did it put all three (RCA, power, and remote) all on the same side... so i guess ill switch that tomorrow... the sub is a 10 inch infinity (i got it cheap from a friend) and i can never remember what the amp is... lol. ill look tomorrow when i redo the wiring. thanks for the help