How do I hook up 6x9 in my car? - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2009   #1  
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
How do I hook up 6x9 in my car?

There's the stock plug that goes into the plug on the OEM speakers but I got some ghetto Sparkomatic speakers I want to install and they have white and black wires to hook them up. Do I just cut the plug off and wire them directly? Is there an adapter plug I can buy?
DeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #2  
Registered!!

rednwhite04 will become famous soon enough
Re: How do I hook up 6x9 in my car?

cut the plug off the wire, crimp a female spade butt connector (you can find at hardware store or even wallyworld) and plug that wire on to the speaker. The connectors look like this if your not familiar.... http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=5376
rednwhite04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #3  
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Yup, speaker's already got those on it. So I guess I'll just cut the plug off and do it far enough back that I can reattach it if I want to put the factory speakers back in at all. Thanks.
Old 08-16-2009   #4  
Registered!!

kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

ya... do that, thats what i did
kcari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #5  
Administrator
Administrator

electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

no, don't cut it off. just like the HU there's harnesses to adapt it. don't be THAT GUY who cut the OEM harness off. the next guy to buy the car will be pissed.
electric130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #6  
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

I'd love to find a harness, where would I find something like that?
Old 08-18-2009   #7  
Registered!!

bleh, what potential buyer is going to look to see how the speakers are hooked up?
Old 08-18-2009   #8  
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Trust me, as I was taking my car apart, if I had found the wires twisted together with electrical tape I wouldn't have been so pleased.
Old 08-18-2009   #9  
Registered!!

well true that, but we're talking speakers here and I know you wouldn't be doing a bang up job either.
Old 08-18-2009   #10  
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednwhite04 View Post
well true that, but we're talking speakers here and I know you wouldn't be doing a bang up job either.
haha, if you saw my car you'd be surprised I even considered cutting the wires in the first place!
Old 08-18-2009   #11  
Registered!!

I followed your thread on the shifter boot/interior, I know how you roll. lol
Old 08-19-2009   #12  
Administrator
Administrator

electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

i know crutchfield has them because when i bought my infinity component speakers from them, they came with the harnesses.
electric130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009   #13  
Registered!!

vsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednwhite04 View Post
bleh, what potential buyer is going to look to see how the speakers are hooked up?
The kind that wants you to take your fancy new-fangled stereo out of there and put the stock back in, but you lost one of the oem plugs and can't do it anymore.
vsTerminus is offline   Reply With Quote