Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Car Stereo Diagrahm

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LittleTicoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Car Stereo Diagrahm

Hey guys, I am planning on getting a wiring harness replacement from Metra that connects into the car. I was wondering if anyone has a wiring diagrahm for the stereo so I can match the correct wires together. Thanks!
Old 03-09-2009
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Car Stereo Diagrahm

if you're buying for an aftermarket stereo, you'll have to look in the users manual that came with it. it then plugs into the factory connector for the car. no diagram for the car is needed. if you have a factory radio, why do you need this harness?
Old 03-09-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

It's written on the wires themselves.
Front Speaker Negative - Front Speaker Negative
Rear Speaker Negative - Rear Speaker Negative

It's easy.
Old 03-10-2009
Registered!!

Well I want to make it look clean. When I first got my car, 1990 DX, the original plug had already been cut off. I am planning on rewiring with new wires that matches the colors of the original. I checked out Metra's website and have a harness that can be connected to the car so I am planning on ordering one.
Old 03-10-2009
Administrator
Administrator

electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

metra's harness colors match aftermarket colors and then to a connector that plugs into the factory harness. after that connector, the car colors are different. they won't match like you're wanting. you're better off just splicing in the aftermarket radio and save the money of the harness. it's behind the dash, no one will ever see it, so who cares if it's clean?
Old 03-10-2009
Registered!!

civicplaya will become famous soon enoughcivicplaya will become famous soon enough

If you insist on having a diagram, what's the year of your civic?
it is a civic, isn't it?
Old 03-10-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Originally Posted by electric130
metra's harness colors match aftermarket colors and then to a connector that plugs into the factory harness. after that connector, the car colors are different. they won't match like you're wanting. you're better off just splicing in the aftermarket radio and save the money of the harness. it's behind the dash, no one will ever see it, so who cares if it's clean?
I rarely give someone negative rep but wow, that's a TERRIBLE idea. It's $10 and it's worth that for a simpler install. You're not trying to mess with wires in the dash, you can sit in the comfort of your kitchen table and solder the 2 harnesses together. Then go to the car and simply plug them in.

I actually have a harness in my hands, my friend has an iPod deck that I need to install tonight and he just picked it up at my suggestion. It makes my life easier since I'm doing this for free and doesn't bring down the resale value later. If I'm buying a car with a cut up half assed harness, what else did they skimp out on? Cut springs?
Old 03-10-2009
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by DeX
I rarely give someone negative rep but wow, that's a TERRIBLE idea. It's $10 and it's worth that for a simpler install. You're not trying to mess with wires in the dash, you can sit in the comfort of your kitchen table and solder the 2 harnesses together. Then go to the car and simply plug them in.

I actually have a harness in my hands, my friend has an iPod deck that I need to install tonight and he just picked it up at my suggestion. It makes my life easier since I'm doing this for free and doesn't bring down the resale value later. If I'm buying a car with a cut up half assed harness, what else did they skimp out on? Cut springs?
did you not read his post? he doesn't have the factory connector anymore. it was already cut off when he bought the car. so what's the point of the metra harness? it won't give him any more than the aftermarket harness gives him besides some wasted money. i used the harness on my install, but my car still had the OEM connector. HIS DOES NOT!

Last edited by electric130; 03-10-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-11-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Originally Posted by electric130
did you not read his post? he doesn't have the factory connector anymore. it was already cut off when he bought the car. so what's the point of the metra harness? it won't give him any more than the aftermarket harness gives him besides some wasted money. i used the harness on my install, but my car still had the OEM connector. HIS DOES NOT!
It's still convenience to solder up a OEM connector into the car and then plug his deck in. It'll make it quicker/easier to uninstall it and will make the new owner happier if he sells it. Instead of building things on top of a broken design, you should first fix the design and then build on top of that.
Old 03-16-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DeX
It's still convenience to solder up a OEM connector into the car and then plug his deck in. It'll make it quicker/easier to uninstall it and will make the new owner happier if he sells it. Instead of building things on top of a broken design, you should first fix the design and then build on top of that.
Thank you DeX, that is the main reason why I posted this thread, I wanted make all the wires look clean and makes things easier. I wanted to rebuild my system but wanted to repair the wiring. I don't mind spending a few bucks to make car 90 DX look nice and clean inside-out. Thank you DeX
Old 03-16-2009
Administrator
Administrator

your post was confusing and i misunderstood what you were wanting to do. "rewiring" does not have to mean replacing the OEM plug. if that's what you want to do, then yeah, go for it. i thought you were wanting to put a plug on the stereo, but that would do no good if the OEM plug wasn't there.