Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

(!)(p)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
(!)(p)

My girlfriend has a 1998 (I think) Si and this morning when she started up the car all the dash lights came on as they should, then most went off but the SRS light and parking break (!)(P) light stayed on. Then a second or two later the SRS light went off and the parking break light stayed on for about 10 minutes. She was driving to work and phoned me to tell me the light turned off on its own. Any ideas on the parking break light? Should the SRS light stay on for that extra second or two?

I tried pulling up on the hand break and putting it down without releasing it (I was afraid of it seizing). Then fiddled with it but the light wouldn't go off for me.
Old 09-23-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
Re: (!)(p)

bump
Old 09-23-2008
Registered!!

popee will become famous soon enough

my srs stay on for like a couple sec, when i start up the car,, maybe parking brake is up a bit?
Old 09-23-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

check brake fluid?
Old 09-23-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Parking brake up? Nope.
Check brake fluid? How do I do that?
Old 09-23-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

open the hood, look for a reservoir that says brake fluid. near the back of the bay closer to driver side. twist off cap, and see if its at the top. if not, add BRAND NEW unopened honda brake fluid, then throw away the rest of the bottle.
Old 09-23-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

I'll post back the results when I get my hands on her car tomorrow night. Mucho appreciato.