Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

Help in buying new tires!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civichonda2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Help in buying new tires!

My Douglas 185/65 R15 have almost worn out so I am looking for new tires. I wanted to go 205/60 R15 size tires to provide better handling and control. What kind of tires sizes are suggested for civic 02? I don't want to spend on new wheels and was hoping to get better plus zero size tries for my civic.
Old 02-22-2016
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Help in buying new tires!

A 205/60 would be a good option to increase the tire width a bit (10%). Your speedometer will only be off by a little so don't need to worry about that.

Getting a good tire that is more performance oriented is going to give you better results over changing the size. So a long with going with the wider 205 I would go for a more aggressive street tire for better performance.

What's your budget? Type of weather in your area? Have you considered running 2 sets of tires?
Old 02-22-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civichonda2002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GolNat
A 205/60 would be a good option to increase the tire width a bit (10%). Your speedometer will only be off by a little so don't need to worry about that.

Getting a good tire that is more performance oriented is going to give you better results over changing the size. So a long with going with the wider 205 I would go for a more aggressive street tire for better performance.

What's your budget? Type of weather in your area? Have you considered running 2 sets of tires?
I live in Texas and it doesn't get that cold so I am not rooting for 2 sets of tires. I'm looking to spend not more than $500. I don't travel a lot. If I go with the OE size, how would the Falken Sincera SN-828 be on the civic ? I lose traction currently with my Douglas on sharp turns and cold wet roads.
Old 02-22-2016
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

They are high mileage touring tires so probably the same as what you had before. They arr not aimed to be performance tires.

If you don't travel a lot then you could do more of a summer tire with a lower tread life and little stickier compound.