Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

Wheels: Momo Next

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
josephbow6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wheels: Momo Next

Hey guys... First post here. I don't have a question, just some info about some wheels that I'm getting in a couple of days. The Momo Next with machined face.

So, I was scouring the internet trying to find out where they were made and how much they weigh (7x17) and couldn't find any info, even on Momo's website so I wrote them and the reply?...

The Next wheels are made in Taiwan and the weight is 22 lbs per wheel.

Thanks,

MOMO USA

Seems a little heavy to me... Anyone else? Also kind of a bummer that they are not made in Italy.

Hope this helps any of you looking for these. Thanks for the great civic support!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Momo Next 17 600x600.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	83105  
Old 04-13-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Wheels: Momo Next

22lbs is pretty heavy, but those aren't exactly performance wheels, more style wheels.
Old 04-13-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Yea, that is heavy. Enkei RPF1 wheels are 15 lbs and they are 17inch. The 15 inch are 9 lbs. They are racing wheels though.
Old 04-14-2012
Registered!!

15 pounds seems pretty awesome! Thanks for the replies, guys. I may rethink my choice just due to the weight. I've been hearing that each pound on the wheels is equivalent to 20 pounds 'on' the car. I checked those Enkei's too. Good looking wheel.

Main question though... How hard is it to bend/break/warp a wheel that is so light and thin vs a heavier wheel?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by josephbow6; 04-14-2012 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Bad spelling
Old 04-14-2012
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Yes weight is very important. I currently have heavy 17 inch wheels and am saving up for those wheels. Just because the wheel is lighter does not mean it is necessarily weaker. A cheap light wheel would break but if you stick with a good company like Enkei then you will be good. I had the same concern and didn't want to spend the money but you get what you pay for with wheels. Infinity and racing teams us Enkei wheels because they are so light and strong. Those wheels with a set of sticky tires would be awesome around the corners. They are not as shinny and head turning to some people but I think they give the car a race appeal and race feel and that is more important to me.
Old 04-18-2012
Registered!!

Ordered the Enkei RP01's instead of the Momo Next. That'll give me 7 pounds difference on each corner! Whoa!

I'll post pictures when I get them in and might have some wheels to sell afterwards. The current ones are Mille Miglia 1000 17x7's. Okay wheels but one is a little bent. Are alloy wheels fixable? I've heard yes and no but no one really backs it up.

Thanks for the input, guys.
Old 04-18-2012
Prelude Owner

Nice!! Those are going to look good on the car and feel really good with the less weight. Looking forward to seeing the pics!

As far as I know if the rim is bent then it can't be fixed but there are wheel restoration places so maybe they can do something. If you could fix it then it probably won't ever be like a new wheel.
Old 04-30-2012
Registered!!

Still meaning to post picks. Just wanted to update...

Ended up dropping 13 pounds per corner with the new Enkei PF01's from my Miglia 1000's. Had no clue they were that heavy!

Also, tirerack has the cheapest prices on these that I've found BUTTTT... Discount Tire can order them as well and they will PRICE MATCH!!! Even down to shipping and lugs (lugs are included through tirerack).

They ended up being 230 per wheel (17x7) plus a bit of shipping.