Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

Wheel lesson of the day

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Wheel lesson of the day

Hubcentricity: A wheel that is mounted on a vehicle, should be hubcentric, to assure proper fit, and hence will eliminate such issues as vibration, shimmy, and erratic tracking! A hubcentric fitment, is one where the interior of the backside of the wheel - referred to as "centerbore"-is an exact fit to the "hub"-that protrudes from the mounting surface of the wheel. The relevant issue here is that the WEIGHT BEARING of the wheel on the car is done on the HUB when it is "mated" to the wheel! This has to be an exact fit. The LUG NUTS, simply affix the wheel and hold the wheel to the car and do not affect load bearing. In fact, lug nuts can loosen, while driving, especially if the wheel is not hubcentric to the car and you can risk loosing your wheels and have annoying issues of vibration, etc while driving. It is very important to have a wheel that is hubcentric to the specific vehicle.

Our Civics center bore is 56.1mm

Just thought I would share some reading I was doing...
Old 05-04-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wheel lesson of the day

i agree, with stock rims my car never vibrated, with aftermarket it vibrates all the time even with centering rings. its not as bad as it used to be, but you can tell the wheels were not meant for the car.