Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

07 LX to Si wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
freed0m5 is an unknown quantity at this point
07 LX to Si wheels

i have an 07 civic lx, and i know nothing of wheels/tires. i think i have 205/55/16 wheels. the standard steel wheel. could i swap out the wheels for the standard si wheels, which i think are 215/45/17 without any problems ie. wheel well rubbing and stuff of that sort? i did the Tire Size Calculator, and it's a fairly good match to the speedometer and it is 1% to fast, which i think is low, but it really doesn't mean much to me. any help is appriciated.
Old 11-07-2007
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about
Re: 07 LX to Si wheels

yea youll fine...just get them!! no hupcaps!
Old 11-07-2007
Technical Assistant

ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep they will swap, I have seen a few regular civics on Si wheels around here
Old 01-26-2008
Registered!!

cdphillips60 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just picked up some 07 Si rims and installed on my LX coupe. Everything seemed fine until I started to drive. There is a grinding sound coming from the right front and inspection indicates that the brake caliper is rubbing (albeit slightly) the left is very tight but is not rubbing.

I am going to swap the wheel and see if the problem follows the wheel. If so, maybe I have a slightly out of spec wheel?

Is it OK to place some very thin washers (maybe 1/16") between the wheel and hub?
Old 02-04-2008
Registered!!

IMWEZL is an unknown quantity at this point

Weird I just put the same Si rims on my 07 EX with no problems.

I did however had a grinding noise when I had to use my spare a couple of months ago. I checked for rubbing contacts but didn't see anything. Unfortunately, it was one of those situations where I had to move so I drove like that for 1/4 mile and the noise went away.
Old 02-05-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Don't put washers. Just get a set of wheel spacers. It'll look nicer anyway. You can get a really small spacer, just enough to get you away from the caliper but not so much to look awkward.
Old 02-10-2008
Registered!!

reflectionz is an unknown quantity at this point

did people reach a consensus on this?? I'm wanting to do this.... I have an 08 LX and want to put on SI rims from an 07 or an 08'... ...as long as the bolt pattern is the same they should fit no problem no?

this style exactly...:

http://gallery.carreview.com/data/ca...da_civic13.JPG
Old 02-26-2008
Registered!!

Ryanfuk is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to install 06' si wheels on my '08 lx coupe. Will there be any problems? if i need the spacer, what size and such should i get?
Also, can the install be done by myself if the tires are already mounted? i dont have any experience with changing wheels though.
thanks
Old 02-26-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by reflectionz
this style exactly...:

Just a little tip. If you're trying to put a picture in a post, put [img] tags around it so people don't have to click on the picture. It's just like HTML code, except with brackets. just include a slash in front of the "img" in the second tag after the image URL.

Originally Posted by ryanfuk
Also, can the install be done by myself if the tires are already mounted? i dont have any experience with changing wheels though.
Like Eyger said, don't use washers. They're not consistent enough and would probably throw the wheel out of balance. If you don't believe me, attack a group of washers with a micrometer and look at all the values you'll get for thickness. The bolt pattern on the 8th gen 'vic is 5x114.3. That means if you draw a line between two bolts, the distance between the midpoint of that line and the bolt opposite that point is 114.3 cm. Four-lug wheels are a little bit easier to measure for obvious reasons.

If you're going to use spacers, I'd make sure you do it right. You'll quickly learn with parts for cars that 99 times out of 100, if you get cheap parts, you get cheap results. A good spacer looks something like this:

Evasive Motorsports

Hope this helps. PM me if you have any more questions.

Oh, and changing wheels? No problem. Just make sure you tighten the lug nuts in a star pattern to make sure the wheel goes on straight.
Old 02-27-2008
Registered!!

Ryanfuk is an unknown quantity at this point

but are they really necessary? haha im a bit short on cash.
Old 02-27-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

It looks like you'll be alright as long as you're careful, judging on past experiences.

Haha yeah I feel you about being low on cash, it sucks being a college kid AND a car nut.
Old 03-21-2010
Registered!!

GoHonda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by reflectionz
did people reach a consensus on this?? I'm wanting to do this.... I have an 08 LX and want to put on SI rims from an 07 or an 08'... ...as long as the bolt pattern is the same they should fit no problem no?

this style exactly...:

http://gallery.carreview.com/data/ca...da_civic13.JPG

Hi there...

Just purchsed a set of 07 SI rims to place them on my 2010 DX-G...the SI mags slightly rub on the front callipers and I had to remove the wheels...I will be either grinding and buffing the callipers or buying spacers (3mm) in the next few days...

If my front brakes were a little worn I think this would be a non-issue because the callipers would be more inwards...the rubbing is ever so slight.
Old 03-24-2010
Registered!!

GoHonda is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there...just an update on my 07 SI wheel install...

Didn't go with the 3mm spacers...did a very minimal grind (1-2mm) on one edge of each caliper braket (left and right) and that did the trick...still looks stock on the caliper after buffing and will have no negative issues with the spacers (ie..non-centered rims, not enough lug thread, etc...)

My setup (17" x 7" (2007) SI wheels with 225/45-17 Ecsta ASX Ultra High Performance All-Season tires) on 2010 DX-G sedan (Urban Titanium Metallic)...VERY NICE LOOK.

Have a good day and hope this helps with your install...