master cylinder? - Honda Civic Forum

Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-2007   #1  
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
master cylinder?

ok so heres whats up. yesterday i took the rotors off got em turned then out em back on nothing more than that. after that ive got like a dead pedal. it stops but its mushy and sometimes the stiff pedal comes back. so i think somehow i got air in the lines. i took it to my mechanic (well i wouldnt call him my mechanic he just does the stuff i cant do dont have time to do or dont have the right tools for) we bleed the brakes still soft.

so heres what we are both thinking its my master cylinder. now heres what im asking are there any upgrades or any advantages to going with say an ep3 master? or should i just get the ex one again. changing isnt gonna be hard just curious if there are any upgrades since i gotta change it.

thanks
mugenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007   #2  
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: master cylinder?

I've never been made aware of any advantages using the EP3 or even an aftermarket one. I don't think the master cylinder itself would benefit from being a high performance one. I just think that you can get better brake fluid. I would imagine that the hydraulic pressure would be the same, maybe a little bit more on the EP3 one, which I don't think would be a good thing, considering that you still have EX calipers and lines. Someone else might know more details, but I don't think there's a benefit.
Eyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007   #3  
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

I read that they are the same in the drum to disk conversation thread...
02BLKCIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007   #4  
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute

Tweaking the Master cylinder size is just going to alter how the brake pedal feels. Firmer/higher vs softer/lower, depending if its got a lager or smaller diameter. Braking power will have remained the same, given that its determined by your tires and not your brakes.
Zzyzx is offline   Reply With Quote